Serious Trouble For Beta Server Files From EA (READ)

Guest D.Whitehurst

Guest D.Whitehurst

Over the weekend, news spread pretty quickly that hack-savvy Battlefield 3 beta participants had managed to ‘tweak’ the unfinished game to allow alternative game modes with support for a whopping 128 players. The beta is only supposed to allow 32 players maximum in Rush mode on the Operation Metro map, and EA are mad. They’re so mad they’re waving their banhammers all up in here.

After those Battlefield fiends over at the BF3Blog professed to have “tested out Operation Metro on conquest with 64 and 128 players, and can confirm their existence, albeit, the 128 player server lagged considerably,” DICE have now lain down EA's law on Battelog: If you join an unofficial/hacked server, this can “compromise your EA account and have it banned by EA.”

This looming ban will not only affect your access to the Battlefield 3 beta (and, presumably, the full game itself when the time comes), but will also chop you off from any other EA games that might be attached to your naughty little account.

Got this from a BF3 Blog or somthing forgot where

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

This also applies towards people playing on other maps instead of metro. The beta is supposed to be RUSH, Metro, 32 man. Anything else is a bannable offence. (By EA's standards)

So be smart!

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

The new battlelog brings up the interesting aspect of banning players. If EA were to ban that account it means BF3 could no longer be played because battlelog could not be accessed. This essentially means that even the single player component of the game could not be accessed and they end up just revoking your access to the entire game. This is quite contrastingly different to games like BFBC2 in which a ban from the game would mean simply no online access but the single player component would still be accessible. Which i could only imagine violates certain laws because their essentially holding your account to ransom. And forcing you to pay for the game again with a new Origin account if you still wish to play the game at all.

DRM in disguise anyone? As much as i hate it EA have every right to do that with their game, because it is, well their game. I just don't like the underhand nature in which their delivering it. Hidden within EULA's and cryptic news posts.

Albeit i highly doubt EA will start manually EA account banning anyone outside Beta. That is of course if there's no true client side launch pad for the game.

Archived