Windows 8 Developer Preview

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

No surprises here since I'm pretty much a Windows-only guy, but I have to say... the Windows 8 Developer Preview is pretty sweet. I didn't think I would like it since the Metro UI is very much tailored to mobile devices, but I like how they tied in the desktop, control panel, and everything else so that all the Windows functionality is still there for most types of users.

I have it dual booting Win8 and Win7, and dual booting has never been so easy. It does all the work for you basically, so all you have to do is have an open partition. Load up your ISO and install to that partition. It will automatically load up to Win8, but when it detects Win7 is also present, it prompts you which you want to use. Given how easy that is, I prefer that route over running it in a VM, which would put a cap on system resources.

I'm basically just setting it up as my home theater PC with XBMC, and so far it's working very well. Only hiccup is closing a fullscreen Netflix window from XBMC, but that's on the app, not the OS :)

Pre-beta so some things don't work 100%, but whatever. It's pre-Beta.

Anyone else d/l and give it a shot when it released?

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=
I have it installed on my EXOPC Slate and it works well. The weather app is a bit tedious and uses excessive amounts of processor, but everything else is great. It's so much easier to use on a tablet than 7.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
Any idea on when the complete version of windows 8 will be released?

My guess is probably next May/June, but that's purely a guess. I doubt I'll be anywhere near the mark.

Archived