BC2 Freezing Again

Guest BigMac530

Guest BigMac530

BC2 freezes when i start it up, and whenever i click something in the menus. Few other games freeze up at start up, including TS3, but doesn't keep freezing like BC2. I tried Google-ing the problem. It seems that other people have it, and there are numerous of ways to fix them. I feel i have tried them all.

My GPU is updated to the latest versions/drivers. I have even uninstalled and re-installed Steam and all of my games.

Specs:

Win 7 64-Bit Home P.

Intel i7 (1st Gen) Quad-Core @2.80GHz > Factory OC'ed to @3.36GHz, 8MB Cache

6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5

Guest Navi491
Your pc was probably overheating when gpu kicked in to handle the graphic intensity of bc2. I had same problem with my old computer and never would have thought i should clean the case out. Now i clean it every 3months or so with some compressed air.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Your pc before cleaning?

http://experttechconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/computer.jpg

LOL this makes me want to sneeze. Or cry. Or both. Actually, funniest story I ever heard along these lines was a user who called our tech support and swore that she had an oil leak from her computer... of course that's crazy, but when the tech went to her desk, sure enough there was really thick black liquid coming out of her case. Turns out she spilled Pepsi all over her computer, it got inside, mixed with the loads of dust that was in there, and started oozing out her case... don't ask how she was able to do anything AT ALL on that machine. *facepalm*

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Call AlienWare tech support? That's why you paid 2x as much right?

But honestly it's most likely either a bad RAM stick or GPU is going. If I had to guess I'd say bad RAM. I'd try removing one stick at a time and playing and seeing if it improves. 4GB will be plenty to play and should not affect your game play what so ever.

Archived