Project Reality Arma2

Guest Conman

HEY! Many of you probably wont remember me but i used to be the clan PR junkie.

I always drop in once in a while to announce the new PR mod releases. And this time im back to announce the first release of the project reality mod v.01 beta for ARMA2/ OA!!

PR ARMA2 has its main focus in PVP games of 50v50 with game mode such as Advance and Secure, and Insurgency.

The mod was first announced about a year and a half ago with this trailer, and will finally be available on Friday.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/102140-update-project-reality-arma-2-v0-1-beta-release-date-trailer.html

If you want to try it out with a group of people and play with us once in a while just hit me up on my xfire: conman50

Dont worry of you are new to ARMA, honestley we all will be with this mod, many of us are, and most people playing the mod likely just bought arma 2 and OA just for this mod.

We recommend you look at the training videos posted on this page

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/101817-update-project-reality-arma-2-v0-1-update-manual-release.html

For those of you who dont know what Project Reality is, it is a mod originally for BF2 that focuses on slowing down game play and encouraging realistic tactics and team play. Despite being on the old BF2 engine this mod is still going strong with usually about 5 full servers on the weekend and a 128 man server up some times.

This mod is not mainstream at all, it is a game for the patient players willing to work in a teamwork environment. Many new players get frustrated with slow combat, but thats what the game was made to do. There is a steep learning curve but if you stick through it the game will become easier to play.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

eyyyy conman buddy hows it going?? Need to catch up with you and wildstar, m_striker, zissou and all those guys its been way too long! You guys have a public ts i can hop in on sometime?

I can't help but notice from the videos the mod doesnt look too dissimilar from just standard arma 2. I mean obviously thats not the case, but it doesn't look that different. Should be awesome though nonetheless, PR BF2 was just too awesome!!

Guest RET.CPO.Čeh=US=
Hey, I'm playin the PR BF2 and it's great, love the realism and decent sq teamwork but hate when sq is created only to chose his favourite class and doin the one man army thing.

Hey, I'm playin the PR BF2 and it's great, love the realism and decent sq teamwork but hate when sq is created only to chose his favourite class and doin the one man army thing.

Yea i hate that to, especially when people get sniper and just leave to loose the kit 5 mins later.

eyyyy conman buddy hows it going?? Need to catch up with you and wildstar, m_striker, zissou and all those guys its been way too long! You guys have a public ts i can hop in on sometime?

I can't help but notice from the videos the mod doesnt look too dissimilar from just standard arma 2. I mean obviously thats not the case, but it doesn't look that different.

Hey! Were just using another clans TS, united operations team speak, your free to come on. They host a public amra 2 ACE server

ts3.unitedoperations.net

The mod wont LOOK very different from arma2 besides the fact that you get a new faction, map and some weapons, but since its a beta theres not even much of that, but there will be much more added later on as the mod grows. What is different is that the mods changes game play and makes PVP a reality. ARMA2 by itself does not have very good PVP, and servers dont usually get full, and when they do your usually killing bots. Many times you just join, pick up a sniper and a javelin and go run off by yourself. PR changes that through the game modes and the kit request system and such.

The Advance and Secure game mode is not too different from regular arma 2. The real difference is in the insurgency mode. In insurgency the Blufor must go around and fine and destroy weapon caches. At first the blufor dont have any info to where the cache is. As they kill insurgents though they can find maps adn note books and collect them to get intel points. When they get enough points the location of the cache is revealed.

If you look into the training videos and read the manual regarding game modes you will see that it is different from arma. We wont know until we actually play it though. Me and my guys are going to try to make some in game videos.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Hey conman, if I can get it working with the steam version of ArmA I'll definitely play a couple games when I have time.

And Crazy just remember that the first versions of BF2 PR looked exactly the same, it was just easier to kill people and you couldn't sprint as long/fast.

Yea it should work with steam. it works for me.

The biggest problem right now with this is the desync, but thats a arma 2 problem not a PR problem, but the ARMA2 devs said that they should be releasing a patch soon that will fix it.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=
Yea it should work with steam. it works for me.

Getting ACS or whatever it was called to work with the steam version was such a pain, and you couldn't play the normal version after you finally got it to work.

Archived