Internet speed options

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Ok so my wife and I just bought a house, which means I will soon be back online with all of you!!

The next step is getting the internet and cable hooked up. My question, and I am curious of what our clan techies think, is what internet option/speed I should get. Here are my options:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/texas/learn/hso/roadrunner/speedpricing.html

I was thinking the 15 or 20 but to be honest is it worth the money? The 15 worries me because it is a "power boost" which makes me think it is not consecutive and therefore a waist of money. Thoughts?

It's sad, I can put someone's face together and save lives, but internet speed gets me scratching my head

Guest D.Whitehurst

check to see if they have FiOs in your area just goto google and search up FiOs Its Fiber Optic AND GOOD SPEEDS BETTER THAN CABLE!!!!

FOR CHEAP, like for instance....

Lowest package is like $45Month and its 15Down and 5 Up gaming uses more Upload speed that down. and most cable companies with 12 or 15 down u only get 2 up!!! so check and see if the have fios next package is like

25 down and 25 upload for only $70/Month! :) see they are better.... :) NO CABLE COMPANY WILL OFFER U THAT SPEED i pay with charter 60 Download & 5 upload for $99 so its worth it...

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

I just got Time Warner here in Austin and got the 15 down/1 up package. I would honestly worry more about the upload than the download; it's the upload which will matter more when gaming. The difference between 10 and 15 down isn't really that much when gaming because you won't be downloading that much information.

The upload is more important because everything you do on your computer needs to be sent to the server (e.g. player movement, aiming, and shooting). The difference between 512 kbs and 1 mbs upload will be huge when you're gaming.

I'll be getting 15 mbs down and 1 mbs up to start. That's where I'd start if I were you, too.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

http://www.iinet.net.au/

Best Australian ISP, that's if you want to get a really long cable placed across the sea for a couple of million dollars to have Australian Internet. Or you could rent one of the one's already there for cheaper! :D

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1456624865.png

$35 per month through the electric company. They ran fiber to all their meters to avoid using manual meter reading. To pay for the installation, they piggy-backed internet access on it. Chattanooga offers 1Gbps if you want to pay $299 per month.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
What is "Naked" DSL?

Its a premium service where the technician turns up nude, a real winner at corporate functions and religious events :D

Its basically where they combine the phone and Internet into one and you pay less(VOIP essentially but not quite).

Archived