Case: Compucase w/4 x 120mm Blue Led Fans

CPU cooling: Home Window AC Unit <-----No Lie

HP w19e 19 Inch @ 1680 x 1024

BC2 Max Settings @ Avg. 72FPS Including HBAO: On

Crysis 2 Ultra High @ Avg. 62FPS

New Overclock Achived Since Home A/C Unit

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

Whitehurst,

I moved the info from your signature into your post. You should know that you are not allowed to have a signature per =US= regulations:

=US=30-7

=US= members are authorized to attach custom signatures in posts. Recruits and non-members are not allowed to have signatures. Exceptions are granted to retired members and civilian contractors. Authorized signatures must be no larger than 400 pixels width X 125 pixels height and contain NO 3rd party or dynamically updated stats.

Nice frame rates.

Guest D.Whitehurst

ahhh crap... sorry sergeant...

lol 19 Degrees min lol just sitting there lol and 30 when playing BC2 lol thats really good for reg air flow this is not water cooled @ all tho it is cooled by my house A/C unit lol convert temps to Ferinhiet thats 69 degrees lol thats freakin cold... lol

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3092/23110214.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Thats nice, its always ideal to have your PC case hooked up to a cold source such as an air conditioner. I've always wanted to do a gaming desk build around that concept but unfortunately that would involve taking apart half my wall.

Guest Doubleome
It can be dangerous to have A/C cooling your PC, if temps inside the case are cooler then those outside you could get condensation.

Guest D.Whitehurst
lol im not sure it would have to be udner the right conditions and no its not frozzen water doesnt freeze untill 0Degrees Celcius so i got another 17 degrees to go befor having to even worry about any of frezzeing. and the thing is im getting a new cpu getting the AMD Phenom II x4 980Black editon Stock it sits at 3.8Ghz. :)

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Most central air conditioners never get cold enough to produce condensation in a case especially since the case is constantly equalising with outside air(unlike a car for example). Most central air conditioners also act as dehumidifiers which prevent condensation build up. It's probably not a good idea to have the air-con duct inside your case :D, but blowing into your intakes will cool the entire case down and prevent condensation.

Also unless your pc is water cooled none of the components freeze at 0*. At 0* hard drive's tend to stop working as they have minimum operating temperature limits. But they can still survive at up to -40* non operating. The other components are a little tougher. Although i would still be careful, anything lower than 15* is not recommended because warping starts occurring.

Guest D.Whitehurst
Yes agreeed thievingsix :) thanks for that class.. really.. thats what im doing i have the a/c pointed in my fans so that it blows in NOT INSIDE??? lol and yes it is a dehumidifier... also :)

Archived