Can anyone help me choose?

Guest PainKiller

Guest PainKiller

Hey everyone. So I now have a question about what Graphics card i should upgrade to. I am thinking about a Radeon HD 6970 or a Nvidia GTX 580... I have a PCIe 2.0X16 and a 700W power supply. I do plan to play BF3 on ultra settings at 1440X900 so maybe that will help. i know that the official System requirements are not out but these two cards should be able to Handel it no problem.

I am really bad at tech stuff so I apologies if this is a stupid question to ask.

So, what one should I get? (i do not do video editing or any of that stuff just strict gaming)

Guest h4344
The GTX 580 is better in most areas so i would go with it. But really you cant go wrong with either one. Although the 580 is more expensive. And the demo videos for BF3 were confirmed to be run with a 580.

Guest RET.WO1.Pieman=US=
The E3 gameplay demo computer was using a GTX 580, but it will set you back some serious cash.

Guest PainKiller
okay. So to sum it up both are great choices but I should pretty much be capped at 60FPS using the GTX?

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

If you're willing to OC a card, buy the 6950 and OC it to the 6970 clocks. It's more cost effective and quite a few people do that.

But if you want the advantage out of the box and you're willing to pay for it, get the GTX 580.

Guest PainKiller
I am not comfortable with OC a GFX card so looks like its the GTX for me. Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CC.Decayed=US=
What's your cpu? You shouldn't be capped at 60fps with a 580, shoudl be higher unless ur cpu is really old.

Archived