New Rig Selling Old One. :)

Guest D.Whitehurst

Guest D.Whitehurst

Well i got a hit someone is interested in buying my PC for $750 and i added up the new pc.

Specs are below....

ASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

GTX465 1GB Video Card

700Watt Modular PSU

8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1333 Ram

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Editon CPU

128GB SSD + 500GB Regular Hard Drive.

all for $758 lol got to put in an extra $8 :) what you guys thinks these are the basic specs, everything need for a new build is included in the $758 :)

ORRR

THIS ONE or SPECS I SHOULD SAY

RAIDMAX Helios ATX-819WB Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply

CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M2A1600C8

LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98 LightScribe Support

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SAPPHIRE 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

FOR ONLY $768!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give me some advice guys on witch one would be better for the price... :) please and thanks

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Build #2

+1 Sandy Bridge

+1 Radeon 6870

The hard drive you can swap out for an SSD any time you wish, plus you will only notice performance improvement where it relates to load times, not in-process performance. Most games, if the memory is available, will dump as much as they're able into memory, so the solid state drive will NOT give you better performance there since there are really no hard drive reads/writes. Sure, Windows will load faster, and the game itself will load faster... maybe you'll be among the first to actually enter a round, but once the game begins, it's all the same.

Sandy Bridge is a HUGE +1 in favor of the #2 build. For the price it cannot be beat until AMD Bulldozer series comes out, and even that's tentative. It has a fantastic speedstep that will kick up the core clock up to .4 or .5 with the stock cooler safely, and underclocks it as far down as 1.4GHz or 1.6GHz on that same speedstep. Just saw a buddy of mine crank his up to 4.7GHz stable with an aftermarket cooler, and he's planning on running 24/7 at 4.2GHz. Stock cooler that will probably come with that build will safely get you to 3.7 or 3.8GHz, and given the onboard video and the way they designed its pipe, it's a dang good CPU. Basically, I wish I had one :)

The GTX 465 and the Radeon 6870 are essentially in the same tier, so that probably comes out in the wash. I personally would probably prefer Nvidia, but that's because I always have. I know plenty of folks stick to ATI/AMD and are very happy with it, and that 6870 is a pretty darn good card and you shouldn't have trouble with BF3.

Archived