The DNS Server isn't responding

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest SoundOfDeath

I'm getting this message in google chrome and with windows 7 troubleshooter.

I can't go to any websites or connect to any servers, except for right after I restart my connection.

Once I'm connected to teamspeak I don't have any problems. I am on teamspeak if anyone would like to try and help my solve my problem.

Oh yeah, I don't have any problems getting online with my iPod touch.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Check your internet connection settings. Click on the wrench>options>under the hood>change proxy settings

Make sure the correct connections are there if your using dialup.

Go to LAN settings and set automatically detect settings or enter in the proxy information if you use one.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Go to Network and Sharing Center, then Manage Adapters (or something), then right click on your connection and go to Properties, then go to TCP/IPv4 and click properties. Your setting is probably set to "Obtain DNS server automatically" you can swap in Google's DNS or OpenDNS which are normally better than your ISP's DNS. Offhand I know Google's are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Guest SoundOfDeath

Yesterday I put in 8.8.8.8 and it didn't work right away, but eventually it just started working on it's own again. When I tried to get on this morning it was screwed up again, same problem as yesterday. My settings are identical to the ones on the other computers in the network. What could be causing this?

I reinstalled my LAN drivers and that didn't fix it.

The only other option that I see is to reinstall windows, which I really don't want to have to do.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

These are symptoms of malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Run this and you should be good to go. If you have an anti-virus while running this it will tell you it has detected a virus, click allow when prompted. The program will crash the first time you run it due to the antivirus program. Just run it again and let it do its thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
It's possible you have a bad NIC. If the problem comes back I'd look into getting a PCI NIC. They aren't too expensive.

Guest RET.LTG.STORM=US=

you can also click the run command type CMD

then type

ipconfig /flushdns

this will flush the DNS cache

Archived