My little suprise!

Guest iScopEzZz

Guest iScopEzZz

Hey everybody,

Today I got home from an ordinary day at school to find out that my mom has bought a new computer for me (without even asking for it). I was normally gonne buy a new computer after the summer with my own money but now I wont have to :D

Now I was just wondering, if this is good enough to play Battlefield 3 with, cause my PC knowledge aint that great :)

Nvidia GeForce ENGT430

Intel Core i5

2x Kingston Valueram Memory 2GB

Linkword Power Supply 550W

WD Caviar 1TB

Samsung Writemaster SH-S223F (Something like that) :P

I probably forgot something, but I dont really know what I just posted, so if somebody just could tell me if this is good enough to run Battlefield 3, I would be really happy :) I dont want to max it out, I just want to be able to run it.

Greetings!

Scopez

Guest SoundOfDeath
You might have to spend some money on some new RAM. 2 GB isn't really enough these days. Everything else is good. You'll definitely be able to play BF3, just probably not at max settings. (With more RAM)

Guest iScopEzZz
You might have to spend some money on some new RAM. 2 GB isn't really enough these days.

I think you looked past the 2x :) That makes it 4 gig

Guest iScopEzZz
Oh hey, it does, doesn't it.

Well thanks for the answer, you're only problem was the RAM so I guess the other things are fine :D

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Well it's hard to know for sure... we don't really know the minimums for bf3 yet. Especially for any video card. If I had to guess I'd say you'll be fine with that setup. Only question is what generation i5 is that? Is there a number after the i5 (core i5 2500, core i5 650, etc.).

Guest Navi491
Are you using windows 7? If so is it the 32bit or 64bit? Also try getting more ram. At least 8gig so that you can run bf3 and other programs like team-speak without lag or stutter. Ram is fairly cheap now a days and extremely easy to install. If you are not running windows 7....your going to need it or vista to run bf3. XP is not supported.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=
Are you using windows 7? If so is it the 32bit or 64bit? Also try getting more ram. At least 8gig so that you can run bf3 and other programs like team-speak without lag or stutter. Ram is fairly cheap now a days and extremely easy to install. If you are not running windows 7....your going to need it or vista to run bf3. XP is not supported.

Well since it was a gift I'm assuming it was factory made therefor it should be running Windows 7 Home Premium or whatever the default one was. I think 4gb is plenty for now but if have extra slots you could always add more. Like Navi said RAMs pretty cheap you could get another 4gb for 50 or less (just make sure its compatible if your adding and not replacing).

Guest iScopEzZz
Well it's hard to know for sure... we don't really know the minimums for bf3 yet. Especially for any video card. If I had to guess I'd say you'll be fine with that setup. Only question is what generation i5 is that? Is there a number after the i5 (core i5 2500, core i5 650, etc.).

Intel Core i5-2400/3.1 GHz :)

It's Windows 7 64 Bit :)

I'll check out the RAM and I might add some before BF3 releases :) Thanks for the info everybody !!

Greets!

PS: I moved this PC to a little less public area of the house, so as soon as I have time to go to the shop, I'll get myself a microphone :)

Archived