Icons for Website

Guest xSigmaOnex

Guest xSigmaOnex
I've noticed that a lot of sites are putting very small icons next to the site name on the tab in the browser. Also, with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9, you can pin specific websites to the bottom bar so there is a shortcut icon to that designated website. I would be happy to attempt to design an icon to fit both of these spots. However, I have no web design/programming experience, but am very familiar with GIMP. If someone could tell me what the size of each of these icons is (in pixels) I would like to make icons. I made one today, but it looks a little shoddy yet. I know I have to save it as both an ico. file and a compressed PNG file. Let me know if this is something I can go ahead and do. Thanks!

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Yep, but if you can show us anything better i'm sure we'll change it :D.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Yea Sound is correct. They are called "favicons". There is a great site that will convert images into the proper size and format for them. http://www.favicon.cc/

But like Thieving said, if we see a better one we will change it.

Guest NebuCanezzar.
I think the best way to start this is by designing a general =US= logo, or the =US= in very small could be a very good favicon, images gets distorted very easily when its scaled down .

Archived