Best way to set up my monitor

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest SoundOfDeath

I'm wondering what the best way to set up my monitor would be cost and performance wise.

My graphics card is a DVI-I connection and my Monitor has a DVI-D connection.

Thoughts?

I don't have any cables that would work with this, I will be buying everything.

I'm also thinking about using my 32 inch HDTV as a monitor, is that a good idea?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I know many people that use a 32 inch HDTV as their monitor. Works great. There are converters for those connections I believe but honestly playing on a 32 inch 1080p monitor will look amazing.

Guest WarMachine
A 32 inch might not be too big, but I know hooking up a 50 inch to play on is actually TOO big...I can't see everything going on on the screen with all the indicators, mini maps and such. So just a heads up, if you're sitting a foot from a 32" you may not be able to utilize all of the resources on the screen quick enough....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dyaval

i've been using a 52 " plasma for my secondary monitor. and a 24 " led for my main / gaming monitor. sadly there were issues when i raided the graphics cards and tried to use 3 or more monitors. i'm sure there is a driver fix or something for it but i don't know.

Captain Xander, assuming he is still Captain, showed me a awesome site called monoprice.com i got 2 10' HDMI cables for 26$ with shipping. where as walmart wants 30 to 40 $ for a 3 ft...

Archived