Some Help

Guest Fallen27

Guest Fallen27

So I had two questions for you guys. I know pretty much nothing about computers but I want to learn. So my first questions is do you guys know a good website that I could go to learn about what things like how good my video card is and what the stats on it really mean.

Second here is what my computer looks like

CPU TYPE:

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

CPU SPEED (GHZ):

SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Do you guys think this will run BF3, if not what should I up grade?

Thanks guys.

-RT.Fallen27

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Should be fine for BF3. But then again I really hope my core 2 duo 4gb of ram and gts 250 will be enough, I don't have the money to upgrade or build a whole new computer.

My 'rig' from xfire:

Manufacturer:

System manufacturer

Processor:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory:

4096MB RAM

Hard Drive:

500 GB

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Monitor:

19" x 2

Sound Card:

Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard:

USB Root Hub

Mouse:

Razer Copperhead

Mouse Surface:

A mouse pad.....

Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Motherboard:

P5QL Pro

Computer Case:

Antec 902

Guest Krawll

The 13 min vid they released was running on a GTX 580.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1164&game=Battlefield%203

Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz

AMD Processor - Athlon II X2 255

Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GTS 450

ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 4850

RAM (Memory) - 4 GB

Hard Disk Space - 11 GB

Direct X - 10

* Predicted System requirements are based on recommended system requirements. If you disagree with our predictions then we encourage you to login and let us know. Send an email or post a message on our forum. We really want to know! Through your help we can advance our predictions.

This is just an Estimate.

Another Min requirement estimate.

http://enterbf3.com/battlefield-3-minimum-requirements.php

Guest h4344

I could help you learn about computers but there really isnt a website that ive found that will teach you about computers , i just learned from my friend and on the fly. but as for your computer for BF 3 im not familiar with Intel but if your computer is a dual core you can still play it at decent settings but realistically your not gonna get any AA but if its a quad then i would imagine you would go from say no AA to mabye 2X AA and the reason im comparing this mostly to your CPU is cause the Radeon 5800 series has very good cards. if we knew which card exactly it is we could give you a better idea but overall i think you'll be fine. So really you just might lack in the CPU area but the rest of your hardware is pretty good.

Edit: If you have a Radeon 5830 then thats the lower range of card but still pretty good. 5850 your fine. 5870 your set. 5970 im jealous lol.

Guest Fallen27

I have the ATI Radeon HD 5870, 1GB GDDR5.

Then my processore is Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz (8MB Cache). How do I know if it's a dual or quad core?

And is 6GB DDR3 ram enough?

Guest RET.Capt.DoggyRanger=US=

If your just looking about learning about your rig:

Check the forums at

http://www.tomshardware.com/

For general knowledge check out maximumpc.com if you prefer print media.

If your interested in just determining if you can run bf3, you won't be able to confirm until it is delivered.

So I had two questions for you guys. I know pretty much nothing about computers but I want to learn. So my first questions is do you guys know a good website that I could go to learn about what things like how good my video card is and what the stats on it really mean.

Second here is what my computer looks like

CPU TYPE:

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

CPU SPEED (GHZ):

SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Do you guys think this will run BF3, if not what should I up grade?

Thanks guys.

-RT.Fallen27

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
You will also learn alot from simply building a rig on your computer. Making sure everything is compatable checking ram, checking slots, checking physical sizes and checking prices, asking questions and lots and lots of googling. And nobody ever becomes a master of computers anyway because they change almost daily.

Guest RET.Capt.DoggyRanger=US=

Finally received my ocz vertex 3 drive. Will commence upgrade on Friday. Really hope it's not overrated.

You will also learn alot from simply building a rig on your computer. Making sure everything is compatable checking ram, checking slots, checking physical sizes and checking prices, asking questions and lots and lots of googling. And nobody ever becomes a master of computers anyway because they change almost daily.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

Your rig should be fine.

I'm currently running a build with:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (6 cores ~3.2Ghz, runs fast, and cool)

AMD HD 6870 1GB (very fast, very good, inexpensive card)

8 GB DDR3-1600 (never reached full utilization, that I know of, though 3DS Max does push it)

1TB Hitachi HDD

850 Watt Corsair PSU

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andoldspar
Make sure if you build one look ahead so when it comes time to upgrade your board willl handle it. Also most board's use usb for mice and keyboard now, so keep that in mind if you are using a ps2 mouse or keyboard. If you use nvida and u plan on later going sli make sure it has 2 pci e slots and same with crossfire. Sometimes it is cheaper to sli than buy a whole brand new top of the line video card.

Archived