Its about damn time..

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
Osama bin Laden is dead, CNN John King's reported Sunday night, citing sources. President Barack Obama is to address the nation momentarily regarding bin Laden's death. http://www.cnn.com/

Guest 3lmo

aparently one chopper had technical issues.. ( three were used) so 4 teams :D

and the warning to all us embassys went out about two hours before they struck

but anyways

USA 1: Terrosism 0

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
I heard JSOC and Seals but really good job whoever got the job done, Im sure it was a joint OP with alot of resources used. Now we can look forward to round 2 as cleanup missions are probably underway.

Guest 3lmo
apparently they tried to take him alive.. else they would have simply bombed the place to hell

Guest SoundOfDeath
There are a bunch of conspiracy theorists that say that it's a publicity stunt. Probably the same ones that believe in the 9/11 conspiracy.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Hide and seek champion

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden (March 10, 1999 – May 2, 2011)

Although im 100% sure a country was hiding him the whole time, theres no way he could evade capture for that long, i don't care who you are you can't be in hiding for 11 years without anyone knowing. Also to note reports state he was hiding in a mansion, you would think thats the first place to look, or was it simply a set up?

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Well it's definitely a big relief for everyone now that he's out the way!!

It's amazing what can be achieved when the PS3 network is down... :D i joke.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
apparently they tried to take him alive.. else they would have simply bombed the place to hell

According to Rueters, citing US officials, this was a straight-up kill operation. There was no real attempt to capture him. A surgical insertion of JSOC was a better option then bombing. The compound was in a residential area and I am sure was reinforced against bombs.

There are a bunch of conspiracy theorists that say that it's a publicity stunt. Probably the same ones that believe in the 9/11 conspiracy.

There will be always stupid people. One thing people will point to is the fact that there is no body even though there are clear, tactical reasons bin Laden's body was disposed of so quickly. Al Qaeda's silence is the best confirmation that he's truly dead.

Guest RET.Capt.Covert=US=
CENTCOM and SOCOM.

Job well done.

Yep, you can thank the =US= SOCOM team for the taking down of Osama. Mental and I took it to him. That's why we've been gone so long =).

Glad to see the bas**** is finally gone. I will never forget my feeling of joy today, like my feeling of sadness on 9/11.

Archived