OSAMA IS DEAD!

Guest h4344

Guest masterderman
would like to mention that none of the 24 seal operators or pilots were injured in the raid. =) (as reported by cnn and fox)

Guest RET.SSgt.SonicMulisha=US=
But here is the thing that I question. Why dump his body at sea? I say do the same thing to him as was done to William Wallace. Put a piece of him in every major know Terrorist City and let them see what will become of them.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
If they did that wouldn't they risk making him into a martyr?

Too late, probably.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

He is definitely going to be a martyr. The question is whether or not his burial place will become a shrine and rallying point for jihadis. There is precedent for martyrs who fought against an illegitamate power (in their eyes) having shrines built for them at the burial place (Hussayn at Karbala for Shi'is). The question isn't if he is seen as a martyr; it's if he is a martyr with a physical shrine as a rallyong point for jihadis.

It's like the unislamic nature of water buriak. It pises off jihadis, but they would be ****ed off anyway. Better to have them be mad over that than have a shrine.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
What makes me worried is that he was simply a figure head, the command structure would have changed because he was on the run meaning there are hundreds of people ready to replace him. And hundreds of people to do his "job".

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

It's a moral victory for the US to say the least. Yes most things probably won't change and we won't see white flags from al-qaeda anytime soon. But the US needed a win and it finally got one. Let people be happy for a few days with this before things go back to normal. It will have more political ramifications more than anything else. The people who are dancing on the streets celebrating brings an eerie and ironic chill to me. Since when did American's celebrate someones death to such a large extent? But the celebrations and people dancing in the streets resembles Palestine on Sept 11, 2001 can't you imagine the rage American's felt when they saw people rejoicing at such a terrible thing? These events are different in many regards, 9/11 thousands of innocent lives were lost and now only a handful of "evil" people were killed. But death should never be celebrated as some people are making it out to be.

I think it is good for humanity that he can no longer do any more harm but by no means should people be taking to the streets as if we won all the wars in the middle east and the troops are on their way home. This quote rang true to me, today especially.

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."

Upon further reading I came across this comment which is basically what I was trying to get at

I will not remember today for Osama's death. I will remember it for the way I felt watching the videos of my countrymen celebrating in the streets of New York and Washington. I don't recognize them, these people waving flags, singing, and pouring their jubilation into the night because we killed someone. And what about all the others that have been killed? During 10 years we spent unbelievable amounts of blood and treasure, enacted unthinkable civil liberties legislation, and turned ourselves into brutes for this.

And there we were out on the streets. Brutes. We have become brutes.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=

I know I know,,,, My picture illustration as it went down.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5739/x25d69aa7.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/qqpavt.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/2jg4jn5.jpg

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
He is definitely going to be a martyr. The question is whether or not his burial place will become a shrine and rallying point for jihadis. There is precedent for martyrs who fought against an illegitamate power (in their eyes) having shrines built for them at the burial place (Hussayn at Karbala for Shi'is). The question isn't if he is seen as a martyr; it's if he is a martyr with a physical shrine as a rallyong point for jihadis.

It's like the unislamic nature of water buriak. It pises off jihadis, but they would be ****ed off anyway. Better to have them be mad over that than have a shrine.

Thats the whole reason they buried him at sea, apparantly if its before 24 hours after his death and out to sea there is no shrine. I don't know exactly, i'll try and find where i read it.

EDIT: From the BBC Website

According to UK-based Imam Dr Abduljalil Sajid, Chairman of the Muslim Council for Religious & Racial Harmony, four key steps need to be followed:

Washing

Shrouding in white cloth

Ritual prayer

Burial

There is no necessity for an imam to be present, he says, but the procedures should be carried out by Muslims at least one of whom "knows the minimum basic Muslim law of burial".

US officials have given two reasons why a sea burial was chosen. First, that they did not want his grave to become a shrine. Second, that there was no time to negotiate with other countries to arrange a possible burial on land.

According to CBS News, Saudi Arabia refused to take the body. If correct, this suggests that an offer was made - and that had Saudi Arabia accepted the body, there would have been a grave, which could in theory have become a shrine.

"US officials tell me the last thing they want is for his burial place to become a terrorist shrine.

"To avoid that, an informed source tells me, the intention is the bury his body at sea - leaving no definitive location for the final resting place of his body."

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

CPT.Qotsa how are you screwing up these img tags so badly? Plus that image has been proven fake. It's been floating around for awhile now.

EDIT: Proof

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/05/02/0502-osama-fake-banner-5.png

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Thats the whole reason they buried him at sea, apparantly if its before 24 hours after his death and out to sea there is no shrine. I don't know exactly, i'll try and find where i read it.

EDIT: From the BBC Website

Well, the idea of burying him at sea is so they don't know the location of his body. If you can't find a body, you can't build a shrine where the body is. It being 24 hours after his death (preferably before sunset) is standard Islamic procedure. Burial is generally on land with the head pointing toward Mecca (especially when the person is dies on land). So the burial was not within standard Islamic procedure for someone who dies on land (or near shore).

Within the conservative schools of Sunni Islamic law (85% or so of Muslims worldwide are Sunni--the ideology of Al Qaeda represents a very conservative interpretation of Sunni Islam), the building of shrines and pilgrimiges to shrines are not allowed. But the fear is that, despite the prohibition on shrine building, his burial place would have been a shrine or rallying point of jihadis.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I do it keep you busy : )

I wish there was a like button :D.

But i think its absolutely stupid to celebrate the death of someone else, especially to take it as far as partying on the streets. I'll reference George Orwell's "Animal Farm" here. Closure as it may be, we have simply become what we sought to destroy.

Those that seek to bring down their corrupt and unjust leaders simply become the corrupt and unjust. Those that support them do not question them as they are blinded. Those that do question them do not have the heart to speak out. Those that speak out are suppressed until they can themselves bring down their corrupt leaders, and so the cycle continues.

He had a right to a fair trial, or are we just killing people now?

I'm not saying i support him at all he killed thousands of people. I just believe that there is more to it than is being revealed. A quick sea burial in accordance with "Islamic" laws is actually breaching them more than abiding by them. I doubt they would simply ditch his body like that, either they've still got it or they never had it. And it does not make sense that they could not find him hiding in a mansion in the heart of a city, were they even looking for him? or just using it as an excuse to hunt down other so called "terrorists".

It seems now we can simply call anyone a terrorist and everyone shouts "Kill them, Kill them!", Sound familiar? Witches: "Burn them, Burn them!" or even quoting the bible "Crucify him, Crucify him!". Animal farm, or even 1984 by George Orwell are both excellent books and clearly show the cycle of civilization and how it is impossible to have a lasting Utopia.

Just provoking thought :D

Guest NebuCanezzar.

That was a long 10 year hunting,well rewarded, if it will stop terrorist, or evoke even more crazy people who think they can lead the Al Q with out any military experiences like osama(he did made Russia forces retreat back in the days as commanding officer of the afghan army), and just start making a global mess of bad organized terror attacks would be the worst case scenario.

Hope that the kill of osama will bring more fear, then having terrorist see him as a Messiah who went down for the cause.

This can go ether way,let's be fair 10 years is a long time just to capture somebody.

Guest iScopEzZz
This will not stop terrorism, it only made them more angry and we can definetly expect some kind of revenge action

Archived