5.1 surround sound

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball

only 2 of the 5 speakers are working.. any ideas? ive already did the changes in the sound menu..

Anyone got a clue to get all my speakers working?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
First test them in Windows 7 in the sound settings. It should play a noise in each speaker to check they are all working and plugged into the right place. What settings are you using in BC2?

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
I still use Xp.. lol i need to upgrade i know... it worked when i first got them.. but now like i said only two work.. outta 5.. :(

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Ok first I don't like helping people with XP, so many problems are fixed in Win7 and probably the one causing this. Find someone with a .edu email address and get it for $30. It is worth it, XP is 10 years old, would u still use a first generation iPod with 4GB and a physical spin wheel? Would you still use AOL!?!?

I'm also confused, you want 5.1 surround but are using headphones. That doesn't work. You either have 5 speakers and a woofer or really expensive 5.1 sound headphones. I don't see you spending that much on headphones, I could be wrong tho.

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
i use the speakers for music.. when i have friends over.. or the gf.. wants to listen to music and i use the headset for gaming because if i didn't you wouldn't be able to hear me over the speakers..

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Ok so you want the music to still play through the speakers but have TS go through your headset? I believe the only way to do that is to have 2 sound cards. Although I know with TS you can specify you want your output via the speakers or headphones. I think BC2 might see you have headphones plugged in and default to stereo 2.0 sound. Thats a guess though im still a little confused what you are trying to do.

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
lol i just want all my speakers to work.. i plug the headset into the front of my tower.. to game.. and for music i unplug it.. so it comes out of the speakers...

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Ok so if you started the game without headphones in do all the speakers work or not? Restart your computer without ever plugging in the headphones then open BC2 and see if the speakers work then.

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
Alright so i did some tweaking in the back of my tower.. now 4 out of 5 work.. any clue on the fifth?

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
do what you did to the other two? bash it or something lol.

That reminds me of the old CRT monitor days where everyone would just bash the thing and it would miraculously start working. An eventually you figured out the "right" place to bash it. Or you had to have your tower mounted on some god forsaken angle to get the CD drive to work.

Guest RET.CW5.Ward

If you just "did something" with the wires then they are more than likely messed up or have a short somewhere.

Here's a tip.. get a job and buy **** that works.

Archived