Headset

Guest Fallen27

Guest Fallen27

Hey guys I'm looking at buying a new headset because mine is super old and I was just hoping to get some ideas of what a nice headset is as far as sound quality, mic quality and comfort.

Any ideas suggestions are welcome but just remember I'm still a college student so money does matter to some degree.

RT.Fallen27

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
To be honest, headsets are the one thing I just get whatever is $20 at target or walmart. Currently I have a $25 logitech which is working well....but I go through them enough that i can't afford to buy anything more that $15-$25.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
To be honest, headsets are the one thing I just get whatever is $20 at target or walmart. Currently I have a $25 logitech which is working well....but I go through them enough that i can't afford to buy anything more that $15-$25.

Agreed with MajGen here, either spend $20 on a cheap one or spend $200 on an amazing one like Astro A40's which your gonna keep for ages.

ATM i'm on the cheap side, as i keep breaking them. But now i think about it i realized ive had my current one for like nearly 2 years. Hot damn!

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I'm also on board with the cheap headset crowd. I got a $25 G330 Logitech headset when I joined the clan and haven't had a problem with them. There are a couple of people in the clan (Aflare being one of them) who love their expensive turtle beaches. With those you can hear people across the map practically and won't get knifed ever. But my cheap set serves me well.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

If sound quality is THE factor you're concentrating on, then you'd be better off going with high quality recording studio phones and having a separate desktop mic. I'm currently running a pair of Beyer DT770s, but I had those already anyway from recording. The highest quality gaming phones rarely compete on quite that scale. However, that can get to be pretty bulky and yeah, definitely expensive. Generally not worth it. I don't plan on getting anything fancy when I move on from these.

However, if you have a sound card or mobo that does good 5.1, it might be worth your time to make sure whatever headset you get can do some basic virtual surround... but that could be $$ again.

Archived