Final build - Need opinions

Guest SoundOfDeath

Not to hijack your thread, here is the build I'm looking at, also just under 1200:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module

MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [b3 Stepping]

SOUND: * Asus Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Audio Card

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

Doesn't include monitor or os, but it has some tacked on stuff adding up to about $150.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Sound yours looks legit.

Dill sound cards are over rated. Your mobo has 7.1 what do u need to buy a sound card that does the same thing. The only reason I could see is if you wanted different applications playing out of different speakers. But IMO sound cards have always been a waste of money. Also a SATA III HDD is pointless. You will never achieve anything close to SATA II speeds on a HDD, its like buying a "gold plated" HDMI cable. The only things that come close to SATA III is a SSD and thats the very highest end right now, which isn't the fastest because they have SSD's that connect via the PCI interface which is MUCH faster than SATA.

Thanks for the advice on the hard drive, but the sound card is so I can actually record with sound, or is it that more of a limitation with my own mobo?

Archived