Favorite Documentaries?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Yesterday I watched a few movies I've been putting off until I had time to watch and I really enjoyed both of them.

The first was Inside Job which won an Acadamy Award for best documentary. It talks about the economic crisis back in 2008, how it happened, why it happened, and where we are now. Very informative and gives you a better perspective of what happened.

The second one I watched was called Exit Through the Gift shop, which is about street art. The final edit was made by Banksy who is in parts of the film. Very cool look into that world and how it works.

As for TV documentaries BBC makes the best stuff. I just watched the whole Human Planet series which is fantastic. If you liked Planet Earth or Life this one is right up there.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
History, History International, and Military channel guy here. I like ancient history (reminds me of the good old days) and military history with the occasional MythBusters thrown in for fun.

Guest xSigmaOnex
I like anything History/Discovery/PBS/BBC related. However, there is one documentary that I've been meaning to watch called GasLand. Has anyone else seen this?

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Exit Through the Gift Shop is awesome! I watched that about a month ago. I'm not usually a huge documentary fan although I agree with above comments about History/Discovery sort of shows. My wife randomly threw that doco on Netflix and I started actually watching after overhearing it for about 10-15 minutes. Very cool and I wish I could meet Banksy in RL :) He sounds like a fun bloke

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

I LOVE mythbusters and future weapons. God bless Discovery HD haha.

I'm in the process of downloading Ayrton Senna - 2010 documentary/film. CANNOT wait to watch it, for anyone who doesnt know Ayrton Senna may well be the greatest racing driver who ever lived. Just watch some footage, its unbelieveable.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I LOVE mythbusters and future weapons. God bless Discovery HD haha.

I'm in the process of downloading Ayrton Senna - 2010 documentary/film. CANNOT wait to watch it, for anyone who doesnt know Ayrton Senna may well be the greatest racing driver who ever lived. Just watch some footage, its unbelieveable.

Future Weapons :) How did I forget that? It must be my age.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Future Weapons :) How did I forget that? It must be my age.

Didn't remember Future Weapons because of your age? What, because there's not as much future left when you're older??? ;) jk x4

That show is fantastic.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Battles BC is pretty sweet, although its hard to tell how much of what these "experts" say is true.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Crbstmp4Gsus=US=

Hawking - story of Stephen Hawking

WW2 HD & Dogfights

The World at War

The Revolution

20th Century Battlefields

The Civil War by Ken Burns- ....something anyone growing up in America watched at least once in history class and most likely fell asleep. :x

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8374525609478249503#

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

The Civil War by Ken Burns- ....something anyone growing up in America watched at least once in history class and most likely fell asleep. :x

I missed that ... I graduated college two years before it first aired.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos. I could go all day talking about Carl Sagan. Oldie but goodie series.

+10

"I missed that ... I graduated college two years before it first aired. "

That sucks man, I believe the whole series is available on youtube if you have yet to watch it. Absolutely amazing for it only being narration and still pictures.

Just saw this show called "Gun Camera" on military channel. Episode was called Air Supremacy, raw footage and tactical break down of WW2 dogfights. Though it covered a wide variety of wars. Gun Camera and Dog fights have been very helpful in improving my dog fighting skills in Aces High. :+). Very helpful to know the capabilities and limits of each plane. an episode of Dog Fights actually got High Tech Creations(the creators of Aces High) to mod the P51's capabilities. One of the WW2 Vet. P51 pilots interviewed on the show described the most incredible move ever attempted and completed in a P51. Here is the video. Skip to PT2 to see the move but its a great episode to watch in full. Explains a lot.

PT1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCGXPnYqks0

PT2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIi_j-nZVHg&NR=1

Managed to pull that move off a few times now when someones on my 6 :-P

This is just another sweet P51 video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCm5z2RpI8 Bet that 109 pilot didn't see that coming...

Archived