Skyline

Guest Impulse

Guest Impulse
I just finished watching this movie literally 3 minutes ago and I HAVE TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS. Lol. I was confused, I was intrigued, I had a chuckle or two, and I need someone to tell me what they thought about it lol. No need to say short little comments like "I didn't like it" "Never saw it, don't plan on it". I actually want to have a conversation about it because it got my brain going. So if anyone saw it, feel free to post opinions and ideas about it. I'd love to have a discussion about it.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

[spoiler WARNING! :)]

I just finished watching it, and i have to say it's not gonna be anywhere near my favourite sci-fi films of all time haha. A few things that annoyed me were, 1. way too short, they could have done a lot more with the film in a larger space of time. 2. way too hollywood, they tried to come up with something original about alien invasion and ultimately came up with something a little short of average in my opinion. 3. bit of a crappy ending haha, quite abrupt.

Things i did like about it were that the aliens themselves reminded me a lot of Crysis 1, and the graphics and stuff were pretty awesome. Also, turk from Scrubs can't really be beaten haha. I liked how they had the images of all the pod kinda things coming down in blue, nice idea which hadnt been done before. I didn't understand why as soon as the invasion happened they suddenly know everything about it (kinda goes back to my point about time). The film is about 1 hr 40 mins, about 30 minutes of that had nothing to do with the invasion etc.

It made me think in terms of why they needed to take peoples brains to power their own, as well as why they didnt go near water (i think that was something they said). Just again i think it was quite hollow, could have done with a better plot line. I watched Battle: LA last week and i have to say thats the sort of quality of alien invasion film this one could have been with a bit more attention, especially as it was set in LA too :D

Guest Impulse
Nice, I agree. I haven't seen Battle LA yet but I definitely will as soon as it's released on DVD. ON DEMAND FTW.

Archived