My Mouse

Guest xSigmaOnex

Guest xSigmaOnex

I'm typing this from a school computer. Last night when I tried to get on my computer, I found that my mouse has stopped working. I tried restarting the computer, and I tried unplugging and then plugging the mouse back in and restarting, and so far it hasn't work. Specifically, the buttons still work, but the cursor will not move. Occasionally, the cursor will disappear and reappear on the other side of the screen. However, this happens randomly and sometimes not even when I am moving the mouse. If any of you have any idea how to fix this let me know. I'm guessing it has to do with the lasers or the sensor or something. Its an OCZ Behemoth. Also, until I fix it or get a new mouse, I probably won't be on here unless to post on the forums from a school computer. Thanks.

~SN.xSigmaOnex=US=

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Try blowing in the laser, i always get a little hair or dust that completely screws up the laser thats easily removeable. a quick blow will fix it. lol thats what she said...

Guest Impulse
Try blowing in the laser, i always get a little hair or dust that completely screws up the laser thats easily removeable. a quick blow will fix it. lol thats what she said...

lol

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

lol you Crazy Nutta, you....

About the mouse, I've been doing some reading and it looks like this is a VERY well known issue with those OCZ Behemoths. Since they use the native Win7 drivers, you know the typical "update your drivers" response won't work here. Typically, it sounds like this has the workaround of unplugging/replugging after a cold bootup. However, since you've tried that it is most likely either A) hardware, or B) corrupt native win7 driver. I sorta doubt option B since so many people have seen this exact issue regardless of windows updates.

.....I suppose windows might be cutting power to it if there's some obscure power savings management going on. You can real easily check that by right-clicking on My Computer, go to 'Manage', click on 'Device Manager', go to 'Mice and other pointing devices', right-click on the entry that corresponds to your mouse (could be either 'unknown device', or 'hid-compliant mouse'). In there should be some kind of power option where you can set it to not cut power.

^^^^^^ winXP instructions because i'm stuck on XP at work and I don't remember off the top of my head the quickest way to do this from win7

If it IS corrupt win7 drivers you can either A) run "sfc /scannow" from a command prompt (run with admin), or B) try re-loading your system files per these instructions. Option B Seems like kind of a long shot, but could be worth a try if you can't/don't want to buy a new mouse. You won't lose anything except a little bit of time ;) With either option A or B, you will need your original win7 install disc, and you'll have to re-activate your copy of windows with option B.

Also, make sure to do all testing with the bare minimum of peripherals plugged into your machine (i.e. mouse, keyboard, display, and perhaps network)

Guest xSigmaOnex

First: Sorry about the misplacement of the thread. I'll keep that in mind next time, and thanks for moving it.

Second: I'm almost positive its a hardware issue. After examining it further once I got more time on my hands today, I was able to move the cursor. However, this only happened when I lightly banged the mouse on the table a little bit, and the cursor would erratically jump from one side of the screen to the other. Also, if I move the mouse side to side very, very fast, I will get the same action with the cursor. I cannot get ANY vertical cursor movement, and the horizontal movement is only on occasion. I've talked to my brother and my roommate, who are also very technical, and they both believe it is likely an internal connection that got loose or something. This sounds right to me because the cursor only moves after violent movement of the mouse (which I assume would jostle the bad connection and temporarily correct it).

Thanks for all the help thus far though! I appreciate it, and its always nice to know that I can come to you all for things. Tell me what you think about this update.

^^^ +1 on all counts. Tbh the Behemoth sounds a little finnicky across the board. Perhaps it's awesome when it's working...?

.....and ready-set-go on people's recommendations on what mouse you should get... :p

Go Logitech :) G500 ftw. It's down to $53 on Newegg these days, has max dpi of 5700, is perfectly shaped, and comes with plenty of weights in various quantities to get the action on it really dialed in to where you want. I haven't looked back since getting it.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I wouldn't suggest the one BigMac posted. Wireless mice are not good for gaming. Bluetooth mice can be legit, but this just uses IR which is not good for gaming. I won't ever buy a wireless mouse for my main rig.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I wouldn't suggest the one BigMac posted. Wireless mice are not good for gaming. Bluetooth mice can be legit, but this just uses IR which is not good for gaming. I won't ever buy a wireless mouse for my main rig.

I can vouch for that. I use a wireless logitech m570 and look how bad I am. Of course, it might be I'm running on a laptop with wireless connection to network. Or it might be, I'm just old.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Maybe it's personal preference, but i have to disagree. I recently got a gaming wired mouse with a mag subscription (you may remember i posted it up), well when i got home i tried it and i think it was absolute crap lol. maybe it was a bad mouse haha, but ive never used anything other than the standard wireless logitech.

I think it's preference, if youve used wired mice all your life they will be preference to wireless. I wish i could play with wired mouse, saves the "CRAP IM OUTTA POWER" in the middle of a match hahaha.

Guest WarMachine

Logitech G500 FTW (only because it's becoming harder and harder to find the G5 anywhere, I love my G5 and I'm actually looking to pick another one up before they completely go obsolete) :) Logitech is the bomb though...

On the wired vs wireless debate: If you can handle a wired mouse, play with it. I switched to wireless a while back, and you always run out of power at the exact wrong time. Also, if you're really anal about your tracking in game, wired will straight up give you the closest to lag free tracking you can get. My two cents :)

Guest xSigmaOnex

Thanks for all the input guys! I couldn't stand not being able to use my computer...so I bought a $10 mouse. Lol. But its only temporary, and I can return it within ten business days with a 15% restocking fee. Basically, I'm renting a mouse for a week for two bucks.

As far as the wired vs. wireless thing goes: I've used both. I had a really nice Logitech wireless gaming mouse when I was younger, and it ran on two AA batteries. The batteries actually lasted a few months, which was nice. However, the mouse was really heavy because of the batteries. The mouse that just died on me was nice because it was really really big (which meant my whole hand fit on top of it, reducing hand drag on the desk), but it was also very, very light. Because I am fairly picky about sensitivity of my mouse, a light mouse is the only way I would care to use from now on. Heavy mice just don't feel right to me. Therefore, I am limiting my search to wired only.

As of now, the Logitech G500 looks like it fits my needs perfectly. I'll keep you all updated.

I will say I think the G500 feels pretty light without any of the weights in it, but that could just be me; I'm used to a few extra grams in a mouse ;) Hope you like it!

Guest xSigmaOnex
UPDATE: Today I bought a Logitech gaming mouse. But not the G500. The G9x looked a lot more similar in shape and size to the one I used to have, so I went with that instead. It seemed to get a lot of positive reviews and feedback on newegg so I figured it is worth a shot. Anyone have this mouse?

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=

I have the G9 and I LOVE IT, even compared to the few razors I've had. The weight system and on the fly profile and dpi settings are really wat did it for me. Just a warning though a decent drop or good bump can break the clip that holds the weigts in. Not a big deal because the grips hold it in place but it still ****ed me off.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Archived