Accidents...

Guest RET.CW5.Ward

Guest RET.CW5.Ward

Well was in my first ever accident last night (must be a trend with clan members and accidents).. was on duty just driving down the road, didn't have my emergency lights or sirens on or anything just driving normally.

I was approaching a intersection where two cars were stopped at a stop sign, the road I was on didn't have any stop signs or anything and is a main road. So the car wanting to turn onto my road saw me and didn't turn, the guy wanting to go straight across stated "I looked both ways and didn't see any headlights so I went".... I had my headlights.. witness in the other car said I had them on etc etc. Well long story short the guy pulls out in front on me I slam on my brakes but thanks to ABS I hardly slowed down so I swerved left so I wouldn't hit him head on, struck his vehicle, left the roadway hit a sign, and a fire hydrant.

Pics are bad but its all i got right now..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/8_Ball/IMAG0014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/8_Ball/IMAG0013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/8_Ball/IMAG0015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/8_Ball/IMAG0011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/8_Ball/IMAG0012.jpg

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=
Wait, did you hit a cop car?

He was the cop. Read his sig, "MILITARY POLICE"

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
That guy should not have been driving a day after returning after deployment.. What a dummy. That is one hard hit... Glad your ok.

Guest RET.SSgt.SonicMulisha=US=
Glad you are ok SMG. You are correct when u say that ABS isnt always the best thing in the world to have.

Guest RET.CW5.Ward
Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Dang, I swear people have been getting more and more careless and stupid when driving.. See it was just Texting/talking on the phone! Glad your ok man.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

I don't think drivers are getting any worse than they were before, i just think that there are more cars on the road increasing the % chance of any kind of collision. Your odds of being in a car wreck are one in 16. Odds of dying in an automotive accident are about 1 in 12,300.

So statistics would support that out of the whole clan we have been involved or been witnesses in a few crashes. Of course there would be at least 3-6 near misses in a week alone!.

When i drive i tend to watch others more than i watch myself, why? i know im safe driving at the speed limit, but because they are not or because they try to make a quick lane change or "beat" the lights their likely to do something that will cause an accident if i were not paying attention to them. We've all seen the crazy lane changer and the "red light" rusher. Statistically it won't be long before their ticket is called.

Guest RET.CW5.Ward

On base the daily population sky rockets to about 130,000 and drops to around 30,000 after about 6 PM most of our accidents happen during that time and most are minor fender benders, but after that time the amount of crashes drop but they tend to be alot more serious and with injuries.

Also just yesterday at the same intersection my wreck was at someone else had one too. It was during the day time, woman said the same thing that the guy said with my crash... She didn't see the oncoming vehicle so she went... pulled right out in front of some guy. I hate that intersection.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Yeah if anything that's on the City Engineer to work with his traffic engineers to study the intersection and see if it's a matter of light timing, blind sightlines, parking regs in the area blocking said sightlines, etc. People will be people, but they need to be driving on roads that are designed well, too.

Guest RET.CW5.Ward
Yeah they've done that, they found that the intersection needs a stop light but due to funding nothing will be done. They also said the whole intersection needs to be re-constructed to be safer. That was over a year ago...

Do what's done in Australia, buy a stop sign and pin it to a street pole. If you get caught, it will bring media attention, if you don't you have a stop sign :D.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Haha that's awesome... get a three-way light and have a rotating shift of who sits on the side of the road with a switch, changing it from green to yellow to red as they see fit :D

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Dont forget it has to be upside down, cos australias on the other side of the world everything is upside down!

Yep instead of stop signs we have pots signs, way too many people get confused and think its a good place to buy some pots.

Archived