Another Accident today

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Went to sleep at 9am today just to wake up at 11am to find 2 of my family cars totaled from another stupid driver. The guy responsible for the accident was air lifted to Arrowhead Hospital(Known for head trauma and other specialties in California). His head was banged up good where he was bleeding pretty bad and ended up in the passenger seat. Luckily no one in my family was hurt as he hit 2 of our parked vehicles. Unfortunately my sister doesn't have a good job to get a new car and insurance won't fix or give more then 1000 for the vehicle due to its age, but my moms was totaled and is a bit newer but she wanted a new vehicle anyways and has the job for it. I will be helping my sister with her vehicle once i finish paying more towards my truck to get ahead(Which there goes my tax return and next 2 paychecks).

Again, Be safe out there guys you never know what will happen and every is becoming a worse driver daily.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/ftp/skyler/car1.jpg

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/ftp/skyler/car2.jpg

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/ftp/skyler/car3.jpg

Guest Goliathos
I can't believe the sheer stupidity of some people, how the hell do you even manage such a tremendous act of minute intellect. Really sorry man, glad you and your family is okay.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Sorry to hear that Skyler, but i mean i look at the wreck and how?! Was he speeding? Texting? Phone? How do you slam that hard into two parked cars!?

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Thank you guys and yes i am very glad my family is all safe. Looks like if anyone was in ether car we would be hospitalized or dead.. I honestly don't know how it happened or much detail, other then the guy was speeding(Unknown speed) and didn't apply his brakes at all.

My mom is car searching already. My sister on the other hand(older then me) can't afford a car, but has to look now and use the 4000 she saved. So her B-day is coming up in 4 months and i am going to try and save 2000 to help her out and surprise her.. I am good on my truck payments and bills so figured family comes first rather then buying my laptop and new tv i was planing/working towards.

Guest Aflare
Someone wrecked my first car two weeks after getting it the same way. He ran it into a tree and drove away. Unfortunately for him, he left his license plate embedded into my car... Some people, I tell you.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Someone wrecked my first car two weeks after getting it the same way. He ran it into a tree and drove away. Unfortunately for him, he left his license plate embedded into my car... Some people, I tell you.

Ya, my truck got his the day after i bought it a couple months ago. got insurance on it 4 hours before it happened. My truck was parked at least and non one got hurt.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Glad your family is ok. One question though: What's up with the random mattress?

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Sorry to heat about the cars, but glad no one in your family was hurt. Makes me wonder if I really want to take my son to get his drivers license this spring break.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Glad your family is ok. One question though: What's up with the random mattress?

the guy was transporting it on top of his vehicle.

Sorry to heat about the cars, but glad no one in your family was hurt. Makes me wonder if I really want to take my son to get his drivers license this spring break.

Haha, ya.. As long as he does everything properly like blinkers and such he will be safer then others. but always scary for your kid to get his license

Guest RET.LCDR.2DyESaMuRi=US=
Last night on shift, I responded to 4 vehicle wrecks. People are dangerous drives in this world.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
Did the other guy not have insurance? Seems like he should be paying for your cars.

Problem is, no matter who's insurance pays, they will only pay what the vehicle is worth. So even his insurance would only pay $1000 is that's what the KBB value is

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Problem is, no matter who's insurance pays, they will only pay what the vehicle is worth. So even his insurance would only pay $1000 is that's what the KBB value is

Yup. The Blue blazer we will only get 1000 for and the white olds mobile maybe 2000-7000

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Damn man thats horrible! I don't know how the insurance system works over there in the states, but over here usually it gets paid out 100% of the car valuation either for a new car or for repairs. Only on the occasion that one of the drivers doesnt have insurance does it get tricky, but nowadays they tend to have programs whereby so long as your insured you don't need to worry about the other guy.

So what happened? You were asleep and heard the noise? Or was it just coincidence you woke up in the morning, saw the reck out the window?

More importantly, what were you doing going to bed at 9am? lol.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
I was asleep(I get off work at 6am usually stay up until 12pm, but was tired.) and got woken up by my family, ran out there then ran back for the fire extinguisher then back out to the cars waiting for the ambulants to show up to help the guy in the car.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Damn man thats horrible! I don't know how the insurance system works over there in the states, but over here usually it gets paid out 100% of the car valuation either for a new car or for repairs. Only on the occasion that one of the drivers doesnt have insurance does it get tricky, but nowadays they tend to have programs whereby so long as your insured you don't need to worry about the other guy.

That's how it works here. But his sister's car was only worth $1,000 so that's what she'll get from the insurance company.

And he was going to bed at 9 am because he worked overnight. Or that's what I'm assuming.

Guest WarMachine
I'm sorry to hear about your cars man, I know that the loss of something as important as a car can be a hassle, but thank God your family are all safe. My parents lost their house to a fire, my brother lost every single thing he owned, clothing and all. But what we realized out of the whole thing is that we didn't lose our family, and that one way or another that other stuff can be replaced.

Archived