grahpics for bfbc2

Guest Dyaval

does anyone know what setting affects particle density / the thickness of smoke grenades/ when you hit terrain and debri / dust goes everywhere. game looks amazing but the smoke is even worse than before. i literally can't see anything when im in a smoke cloud. kinda cool but bad for multiplayer.

aslo the new comp is beast. with very high / maxed settings i get 35 to 50 fps in crysis. though im not sure why but i swear it can get more, or like there is a max fps option i just havn't found yet. anyways if anyone knows of the option to reduce the density of smoke / dust etc etc in bc2 please post here.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
I cant help with the BC2 one but i know in Crysis if you turn off/down the Water Particle setting or something similar to that it will boost fps a lot. If you remember Doubleome, he was the one who found that out and saved my Crysis career lol cos i couldnt play without it down.

Guest RastaGanja
Well the way i figure is, your as lost as the rest of us in the dust and smoke, that is how it is "suppose" to be. Embrace the suck my friend...embrace it

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
There are "smoke/fogless" hacks but normally everyone is supposed to have that. I normally use fog as cover.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I'm always walking around in a fog. Sometimes I'm not even sure where I am at half the time. Oh wait, you were talking about the game. I'm not sure what to tell you there except welcome to the club.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Haha, in that way i have an advantage to "fog walkers", i play on low everything so i can see through bushes and fog really easily so its impossible to hide from me :D.

Oh and dyaval raiding your SSD and 2 HDD's together may result in you loosing TRIM and as a result you will lose speed. You will also feel a significant drop off in speed when you use up all of the SSD space and it starts going over to the HDD's. AHCI is a better mode to have your drive in. You can RAID the 2 HDD's though and you will get a performance increase.

Haha, in that way i have an advantage to "fog walkers", i play on low everything so i can see through bushes and fog really easily so its impossible to hide from me :D.

Oh and dyaval raiding your SSD and 2 HDD's together may result in you loosing TRIM and as a result you will lose speed. You will also feel a significant drop off in speed when you use up all of the SSD space and it starts going over to the HDD's. AHCI is a better mode to have your drive in. You can RAID the 2 HDD's though and you will get a performance increase.

i did raid my 2 hdrives. i got my os installed on my ssd and some drivers atm. everything else is going on the raid 0 / spanned drives.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Yeah, make sure you put the main games and programs on there, since that is the point of getting an ssd. If you have some that you rarely play, you can throw them on the storage array

bfbc2 atm is the only game installeed on the ssd. i have like 390 / 170 that i play regularly so im putting them on my volume 0 / raided drive.

Archived