A few days late but just found out

Guest masterderman

Guest masterderman
[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110110/ts_yblog_thelookout/dick-winters-wwii-hero-chronicled-in-band-of-brothers-dies[/url] Truly saddened by this great mans passing. RIP Major Winters. You will be greatly missed

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Yea very sad indeed. I got a video on youtube uploaded of the bit at the end of BoB where all the vets are talking. got nearly 30k views. Over the last week i've had like 20-30 RIP comments for Major Winters. Truly a very exemplary leader. God bless.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

I have been building these things for 14 years. The only thing I purchase from a manufacture is laptops (Alienware/Dell is no, no for me anyway).
While some folks are right. There are a few things you may not be able to avoid. Like carpet or bad parts good news everything on computers now a days are very easy to install, most everything is plug and play even over clocking(used to be jumpers and mathematics). If you cannot avoid doing it on carpet, every time you walk away, scoot your knees or butt you MUST touch a grounded piece of metal or get a safety strap.

If you have not ordered yet. Start with the motherboard/mainboard. Go to the manufacture website and make sure memory is compatible with the motherboard. Look at part numbers only for memory (Newegg has part numbers). I guess next question is which processor? AMD or Intel? Make sure your motherboard is AMD or Intel specific. At the minimum you want 4 gigs of ram.

I guess amidst all this information. One thing you need to do is. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WORKS WITH EACH OTHER. Usually the mother board will have specs before you buy and a QVL (Qualified vendors list).
Make sure whatever you are purchasing, it coincides with your motherboard. ATX towers/cases only. You can go with a large tower (what I have) or middle tower. Middle towers may need some configuring done to fit the BIG ASS video cards.

I know this isn’t a lot. But it’s a start. Ohh and make sure your Power supply is got enough juice and cables. I would say at minimum 600W or get a tower that has a PSU already with it. Up to you.

Guest RET.SSgt.SonicMulisha=US=
RIP Major Winters. I am sure that all your Brothers are waiting for you with open arms. All though your life has ended you will always be remembered. God Speed Major

Major Winters = Hardcore Nazi Repellent. He also invented the famous RPS strategy: [IMG]http://wexforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wwii-ww2-hitler-demotivational-poster1.jpg[/IMG]

Archived