Student Riots in UK over high tuition fees

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I'm curious as to what the Brits think about this. [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11829102[/url] I understand the frustration as a college student myself and having to deal with the complete BS fees the schools charge in order to earn a little extra. For example my school had something like $12 million in debt last year and every student was forced to pay $100 extra in their tuition to help lower it. But by the end of the year every student got their money back and currently we have a rather large surplus due to government funding. Honestly I think over half of the government funding is from the DoD or Homeland Security. But now my school is building at least 3 large new buildings/additions. It just seems like colleges are starting to get more corrupt and care more about the school reputation than the actual students at times.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Yeah i was close to going to one of these protests, its pretty damn sucky. And we aint talking about $100 raise. Currently its £3400 or so a term, theyre raising it in 2012 to £7000. Thats double. Its ****ing rediculous.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=

As for myself I will be as drunk and reckless as possible, short travels, small get together and most definetly some gaming time! Everyone have a great holiday, props to the pilgrims!!!

Oh I forgot,,, I dont drink.

Archived