Can someone tell me how to overclock?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

I will be unavailable from 21 SEP through 28 SEP; I expect to return on the evening of 29 SEP.

That sounds so sneaky ... "unavailable" ... and ... "expect to return" ... I think someone needs to watch this guy.

Be SAFE dude no mattter what your endeavors.

Guest SoundOfDeath
Can someone tell me how to overclock my gpu and my cpu(is it even possible to overclock your cpu?) When I tried to overclock my gpu the screen went red green and blue. (I think it's called artifacting?) I have Nvidia 9500GT

If you cant overclock it from you BIOS dont bother my brother downloaded and over clocking tool and it blew his PC to bits to id advise you check your BIOS and motherboard before attempting over clocking, Amn.David=US=

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
[quote='Amn.David_1318=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=73641#post73641']If you cant overclock it from you BIOS dont bother my brother downloaded and over clocking tool and it blew his PC to bits to id advise you check your BIOS and motherboard before attempting over clocking, Amn.David=US=[/QUOTE] How is that even possible? i've tried so man ways to do this so i can use it as an excuse to get a new computer but its just not happening :D, i've super clocked it, i've joined wires, ran multiple video tests on max settings with no fan to try and fry the gfx card. I've even shook the case around but my stupid dell wont die!

OS-based overclocking tools are great for making adjustments for stability tests, but any permanent changes should be made in your BIOS. Take a look at the following and dig up some answers, it will help us make some recommendations... - What kind of MOBO do you have? - What BIOS version are you running? - What kind of CPU are you running? - Is the multiplier locked or unlocked? - How much (and what kind) RAM do you have? - Are you trying to OC your CPU only, or are you trying to up your RAM frequency as well (they're usually connected)? - What kind of cooling options do you have for your components?

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
[quote='PO2.Chavez=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=73653#post73653']OS-based overclocking tools are great for making adjustments for stability tests, but any permanent changes should be made in your BIOS. Take a look at the following and dig up some answers, it will help us make some recommendations... - What kind of MOBO do you have? - What BIOS version are you running? - What kind of CPU are you running? - Is the multiplier locked or unlocked? - How much (and what kind) RAM do you have? - Are you trying to OC your CPU only, or are you trying to up your RAM frequency as well (they're usually connected)? - What kind of cooling options do you have for your components?[/QUOTE] He also needs your home address, phone number, and credit card number.

C4 your dell Thieving!! Any kind of OCing. First thing is always have proper Cooling. If your computer is already running hot then dont even think about ocing.

[quote='Sgt.Decayed=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=73679#post73679']Half the fun is doing it yourself though. tomshardware.com is a great resource as well.[/QUOTE] Not Half--- FULL of the fun is doing it yourself.

[quote='Sgt.Senth=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=73681#post73681']Not Half--- FULL of the fun is doing it yourself.[/QUOTE] Overclocking and benchmarking are addictive! It sounds boring, but can really be alot of fun!

Archived