Audio Sync Problems

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Hey guys im trying to get the whole sbs match uploaded but im having audio sync problems with my camcorder and the ts recording. Because it was late i couldnt have you guys play out my speakers so i recorded teamspeak seperately to the video. Now when i match up my voice (on the camera) to that of teamspeak its okay but a few minutes down the line the video and what people are saying in teamspeak comes out of sync. i REALLY need some tech/video gurus to help with this :). Im using sony vegas, project settings are 25fps (cameras framerate). Im gonna assume somewhere the fps is the problem, however the audio files and videos are nearly the same lengh in time (about 38 minutes) as i started recording TS when i wasnt playing and then started filming when i played the second round. I thought it was a simple matter of moving it along the timeline to match and voila! But alas no... PLEASE HELP :) I'll upload the recording seperately too so people can hear from the match.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
im pretty sure vegas has a sync feature somewhere, this is happened to me aswell but i managed to fix it by clipping and moving the audio around

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I feel like TeamSpeak compresses long silences and just fills in the audio when people talk and doesn't keep silence. There might be a setting to change this but i remember coming across it before.

[quote='LT.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=72507#post72507']I feel like TeamSpeak compresses long silences and just fills in the audio when people talk and doesn't keep silence. There might be a setting to change this but i remember coming across it before.[/QUOTE] Your absolutely right! Damn i just looked it up on google and some other guys had the same problem, apparantly theres no way to change it!!! God what a stupid stupid feature!! Funny we never realized it when listening back to the meeting recordings. Ah well it looks like ill have to upload the match silenced. Thanks for the tip xander!

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I don't think he would remember exactly when people spoke at certain times, the only way to fix this is to use an external program to record teamspeak.

[quote='LT.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=72507#post72507']I feel like TeamSpeak compresses long silences and just fills in the audio when people talk and doesn't keep silence. There might be a setting to change this but i remember coming across it before.[/QUOTE] What an absolutely ridiculous feature, especially if you can't turn it off.

Archived