The End of Iraqi Freedom

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
President Obama sent this to me [quote] Tonight marks the end of the American combat mission in Iraq. As a candidate for this office, I pledged to end this war responsibly. And, as President, that is what I am doing. Since I became Commander-in-Chief, we've brought home nearly 100,000 U.S. troops. We've closed or turned over to Iraq hundreds of our bases. As Operation Iraqi Freedom ends, our commitment to a sovereign, stable, and self-reliant Iraq continues. Under Operation New Dawn, a transitional force of U.S. troops will remain to advise and assist Iraqi forces, protect our civilians on the ground, and pursue targeted counterterrorism efforts. By the end of next year, consistent with our agreement with the Iraqi government, these men and women, too, will come home. Ending this war is not only in Iraq's interest -- it is in our own. Our nation has paid a huge price to put Iraq's future in the hands of its people. We have sent our men and women in uniform to make enormous sacrifices. We have spent vast resources abroad in the face of several years of recession at home. We have met our responsibility through the courage and resolve of our women and men in uniform. In seven years, they confronted a mission as challenging and as complex as any our military has ever been asked to face. Nearly 1.5 million Americans put their lives on the line. Many returned for multiple tours of duty, far from their loved ones who bore a heroic burden of their own. And most painfully, more than 4,400 Americans have given their lives, fighting for people they never knew, for values that have defined our people for more than two centuries. What their country asked of them was not small. And what they sacrificed was not easy. For that, each and every American owes them our heartfelt thanks. Our promise to them -- to each woman or man who has donned our colors -- is that our country will serve them as faithfully as they have served us. We have already made the largest increase in funding for veterans in decades. So long as I am President, I will do whatever it takes to fulfill that sacred trust. Tonight, we mark a milestone in our nation's history. Even at a time of great uncertainty for so many Americans, this day and our brave troops remind us that our future is in our own hands and that our best days lie ahead. Thank you, President Barack Obama[/quote]

Sure, two years AFTER he promised the people he'd have them out. And we still have bases in 180 countries... what about them? We cannot afford this world police state crap, and we need to fix things on our OWN ground first, and keep to defending our OWN country. Bring them ALL home. I'll believe what he says when I see it. The only promise that evil man has kept since he made them all was the promise that he'd take his wife to dinner in New York if he won presidency. Notice he says "Ending the war" ... what war? It was never declared. We unlawfully entered into hostilities with another nation, just as Vietnam. I don't care what people believe happened on 9/11 one way or another, what our government is doing is WRONG... based not just on our own laws, but on Christ's principles. (not to mention that the Iraqi government agreed to help us with our goal if our government simply provided them with evidence of the crimes, which our US government never did as they promised us & Iraq they would) A declaration of war clearly defines the terms upon which the war is ended, and open-ended war is SO beneficial to large-scale weapon, drug, and oil companies... if the average American can't peel themselves away from Mr. TeeVee long enough to think about the situation and see what's going on with their own eyes, then I have to name us the Dumbest Nation in the World. I apologize for my ranting, but I'm just so angered by this whole thing, and I just needed to get that off my chest. My family has a firm root in the military (Army, Navy, and Air Force) for generations, and I'm so sick and tired of this New Age bullcrap warmongering that's killing off my family members and leaving us in poverty, lead by the Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about DECADES ago. [COLOR='#708090'](See Public Papers of the Presidents, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1960, p. 1035- 1040)[/COLOR]

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I did not mean to start a political rant thread. I made a promise a long time ago to not start or get involved with those. This was posted because I feel it is a big deal. No matter what political feelings you have finally getting out of Iraq is a big deal. Although we have a few people left like the president said they too will soon come home. I was hoping this would spark some "HOOAH"s. Not a political flame thread. You also brought in taboo topic number 2 with bringing "Christ" into the mix. I am an Atheist and I'm very proud of it. But as I said I promised not to get into that discussion in this forum. So out of respect to me, don't talk about your religious beliefs and I won't talk about mine.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Crbstmp4Gsus=US=
Bush declared mission accomplished 2003. Also, the man who invested the dollar in the "world police crap" for the wars in Afaghanistan and Iraq. We have bases in 180 other countries because we have treaties with those countries. It's not like we are fighting a war in every single one of them. Yes our military budget is rediculously huge but it's been that way well before you or I were born. It's results? The worlds most powerful military and national defense structure. Barrack Obama is an evil man? wtf has he done to be deemed evil? even by Biblical standards the man isn't evil but you have taken upon yourself to label him that, you should be ashamed. "what our government is doing is WRONG... based not just on our own laws, but on Christ's principles." Well if you would do your homework you would realize that America is not founded on the Christian faith but on all forms of faith. John Adams said it himself in the Treaty of Tripoli 1797 "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" If your deeply devoted to the Military then you also need to show respect for your commander and chief, President Barack Hussein Obama. Also, don't go on political rants when you really have no idea what your talking about and display no evidence to bash another mans character. Closing this thread would be a smart idea.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I have my own views (being a History and Government major in college), but I'm here to respectfully ask that no one respond to any of the replies posted or post any further replies herein until/if the thread gets locked. We're all good friends here and there's no reason for there to be any hard feelings due to disagreements about religion and politics. But that's just my opinion and respectful request although I am a lowly E-1.

i would like to see this thread remain open for a while as long as everyone sticks to the rules.. but i agrre USA finally running out of money? the Problem with the us military i see in the fact that they are a professional army... not volunteers or anything.. they have to wage war in order to make themselves not superflous ( always wanted to use that word). but anyways Job "well" Done. and may god/or whatever you believe in take care of those who gave their lives.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
[quote='LCpl.Kaine=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=72220#post72220']Sure, two years AFTER he promised the people he'd have them out. And we still have bases in 180 countries... what about them? We cannot afford this world police state crap, and we need to fix things on our OWN ground first, and keep to defending our OWN country. Bring them ALL home. I'll believe what he says when I see it. The only promise that evil man has kept since he made them all was the promise that he'd take his wife to dinner in New York if he won presidency. Notice he says "Ending the war" ... what war? It was never declared. We unlawfully entered into hostilities with another nation, just as Vietnam. I don't care what people believe happened on 9/11 one way or another, what our government is doing is WRONG... based not just on our own laws, but on Christ's principles. (not to mention that the Iraqi government agreed to help us with our goal if our government simply provided them with evidence of the crimes, which our US government never did as they promised us & Iraq they would) A declaration of war clearly defines the terms upon which the war is ended, and open-ended war is SO beneficial to large-scale weapon, drug, and oil companies... if the average American can't peel themselves away from Mr. TeeVee long enough to think about the situation and see what's going on with their own eyes, then I have to name us the Dumbest Nation in the World. I apologize for my ranting, but I'm just so angered by this whole thing, and I just needed to get that off my chest. My family has a firm root in the military (Army, Navy, and Air Force) for generations, and I'm so sick and tired of this New Age bullcrap warmongering that's killing off my family members and leaving us in poverty, lead by the Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about DECADES ago. [COLOR='#708090'](See Public Papers of the Presidents, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1960, p. 1035- 1040)[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Should always avoid political and religious discussions. These types of beliefs are usually pretty deep rooted within each individual so I've always found it pointless to talk to much about my own views. But, that said, it's always interesting to read others' points of views.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
[quote='Sgt.Decayed=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=72273#post72273']Should always avoid political and religious discussions. These types of beliefs are usually pretty deep rooted within each individual so I've always found it pointless to talk to much about my own views. But, that said, it's always interesting to read others' points of views.[/QUOTE] I agree with you Sergeant.

I believe in the Constitution of the United States then my own belief of God. This Nation was build under the rule that all MAN/WOMAN are created EQUAL! Equality is my ultimate most scared belief. Edit: I know this belief is unrealistic but .. its a belief that fallows most of the religions out there.. In the end God loves us all equally even on this who turn back on god. As human being we can not have a equal lives, we are all individuals with our own uniqueness. But all human being should have equal respect, equal rights, equal OPTIONS to be prosperous.

[quote='Cpl.Senth=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=72278#post72278']I believe in the Constitution of the United States then my own belief of God. This Nation was build under the rule that all MAN/WOMAN are created EQUAL! Equality is my ultimate most scared belief.[/QUOTE] hoorah to that....

Guest RET.Col.TMI=US=
We are getting out of Iraq. Right, wrong or something in between doesnt matter. Thanks to all who answered the call. As far as religion, What you believe in isn't as important as having something to believe in.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
closing thread now. Xander thanks for posting this, I did not get to watch his speech last night (yet) and this was helpful. As a serving member I am glad to see my brethren starting to be pulled out of harms way. As far as religion....THIS WILL NOT END WELL SO THIS WILL END NOW.

Archived