Watercooling

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Ok so i was designing this watercooling system for an upcoming pc im hoping to put together. Now i'm just wondering if this is the right way of doing it, heres a diagram. [IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1263/watert.png[/IMG] Fluid will be primochill purple. The small radiator is XSPC 240 the large one is XSPC 360 The pumps are MCP655's

Guest Chavez
First off, watercooling RAM is a waste of time and money in my opinion. The cost/benefit ratio simply doesn't add up; to be completely honest, I think you'd get better cooling performance if you installed a RAM clip fan over the modules. Regardless, if you want to watercool your RAM, I think it needs to be on a separate loop, as most barbs on RAM water blocks are significantly smaller in diameter that the rest of your loop and will cause a serious bottleneck that can hurt the overall performance of your setup. Second, I highly doubt you would need two MCP655s to do the job. If your intention is to have the second pump be a fail-safe, that's your prerogative, but I think it is unnecessary. Still, "two is one, one is none," so I understand your reasons. Third, I'm assuming that the flow is counterclockwise? Whether you leave the RAM in the loop or not, your flow should cool the components in order from warmest to coolest, meaning your CPU should typically be the first component after your large radiator. Fourth, in the setup you've drawn, be prepared for the connection between the N/S Bridge and MOSFETs to give you problems, especially if you're using half-inch tubing (hopefully?). Trying to arch a short section of tube over such a short distance leads to kinks, and kinks are your sworn enemy. Finally, if you want to do a single, continuous loops, I would personally recommend you move the smaller rad to the middle of the loop, instead of chaining the two rads together. So something like this: Pump 1/2 > Reservoir > 360 > CPU > N/S Bridge & MOSFETs > 240 > GPU > Pump 1/2 > Reservoir.... ******* To be completely honest, I would recommend you break this into two loops. I would put the 360 rad on your CPU and MOSFETs with one pump, and put the 240 rad on your GPU with the second pump. You could still use the same reservoir if you wanted, as long as it had two inputs and two outputs. Alternatively, you can find dual pump/res combos. I personally use [URL='http://www.koolertek.com/computer-parts/pc/XSPC-Dual-5-25-Split-Bay-Reservoir-225p2238.htm']this[/URL] one with two MCP355s, and it works great. EDIT: My bad, I gave you the wrong link (although that one would work with your two MCP655s). I can't find the reservoir I use, but it is similar... essentially just an acrylic top for the two pumps with a reservoir attached. SECOND EDIT: [URL='http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25767']THIS[/URL] is the one I use. :)

Archived