Quick Introduction - XFire Question

Guest VonHenry

Guest VonHenry
Hello Sirs & Ma'ams. [B]Introduction/Overview:[/B] My name is "Vonhenry" and I found your site through the BC2 Clan Forums. Your clan looks to be well structured, orderly, and just a lot of fun. Being ex-military ( US Army - '89-'92) it gives a feel I am familiar with, and provides a structure with discipline that I enjoy. I have been playing Bad Company 2 for roughly 2 months now. I just attained "Rank 20" last night. That said, if I were to join =US=, I would start a new character to adhere to the primary naming regulation. (If I join I would focus on BC2 as my main game for a while, and it would take no time to re-earn 20 Ranks). Two Initial Questions. [U][B]Question about XFire:[/B][/U] Given that =US= has a TS server, why the requirement to download XFire? Or did I read into things and XFire is not actually required? Personally I am not a fan of XFire, and would rather not have to maintain it. If it is a temporary requirement, during the recruitment process, I have no issues with that. If it is a long term requirement, I'd have to give some thought/consideration. Again, I'm having trouble seeing the need given the availability of TeamSpeak. [B][U]Question about Friday Evenings:[/U][/B] Simply curious as to how long the meeting lasts on Friday. A hour? Two? Don't foresee a problem, but need to get approval from "the commanding officer" :-P I sincerely thank anyone who takes the time to respond to my inquiry. Thank you in advance! --VonHenry

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Hey Vonhenry, welcome to our site. We understand that people put a lot of time into their soldiers and many like to keep their rank. When you join we give you the choice to create a new soldier with the clan tags at the back (so [RT.]Vonhenry=US=). But you also have the option to just use the clan tag box in BC2, so you can still be [=US=RT.]Vonhenry. We have many players using both kinds. We like that all our members use xfire and keep it on so we have a quick way of contacting you if you are online. What is it that you don't like? For the most part it doesn't take up that many resources and its nice to have to help take screen shots and instant message while still in game. If it hinders your game play we wouldn't still force you to use it, we want you to have a good time and we are pretty flexible. The meetings last anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour at times. Many times we like to all hop in our public server and get a few games in since there is a large group of members always on TS on Fridays. Any other questions just ask. Cheers!

Guest VonHenry
[quote='LTJG.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=67507#post67507']Hey Vonhenry, welcome to our site. We understand that people put a lot of time into their soldiers and many like to keep their rank. When you join we give you the choice to create a new soldier with the clan tags at the back (so [RT.]Vonhenry=US=). But you also have the option to just use the clan tag box in BC2, so you can still be [=US=RT.]Vonhenry. We have many players using both kinds. We like that all our members use xfire and keep it on so we have a quick way of contacting you if you are online. What is it that you don't like? For the most part it doesn't take up that many resources and its nice to have to help take screen shots and instant message while still in game. If it hinders your game play we wouldn't still force you to use it, we want you to have a good time and we are pretty flexible. The meetings last anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour at times. Many times we like to all hop in our public server and get a few games in since there is a large group of members always on TS on Fridays. Any other questions just ask. Cheers![/QUOTE] Wonderful response, thank you on all counts. Perhaps XFire has come a long way since I last used it. I guess I'm a bit of a minimalist. I also have to remember that not everyone (and perhaps most have not) purchased BC2 through Steam as I did. I'll buck up and install XFire and get an application in soon. Obviously the two week recruitment process is a two way street; we both (clan and recruited) need to become acquainted and ensure a good fit. --VonHenry

adding to the xfire thing... its mainly a tool for quick communication as not always will every online person be sitting on ts many watch tv or so and when they get an xfire message they hop on ts.. but as the LTJG said we are flexible in that.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
You might want to check out [url]http://raptr.com/[/url] It is a mutli chat program that integrates steam/xfire/aim/gchat/msn/psn/XBL etc etc etc I use this cause I am not too fond of xfire myself. Plus this allows me to use one prog for all my chat progs.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
[quote='Cpl.Decayed=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=67510#post67510']You might want to check out [url]http://raptr.com/[/url] It is a mutli chat program that integrates steam/xfire/aim/gchat/msn/psn/XBL etc etc etc I use this cause I am not too fond of xfire myself. Plus this allows me to use one prog for all my chat progs.[/QUOTE] Does it allow in game chat? EDIT: Should've looked at link. Im gunna try this out.

[quote='VonHenry','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=67508#post67508']Wonderful response, thank you on all counts. Perhaps XFire has come a long way since I last used it. I guess I'm a bit of a minimalist. I also have to remember that not everyone (and perhaps most have not) purchased BC2 through Steam as I did. I'll buck up and install XFire and get an application in soon. Obviously the two week recruitment process is a two way street; we both (clan and recruited) need to become acquainted and ensure a good fit. --VonHenry[/QUOTE] i have it through steam feel free to add me.. K3V1NV06T5

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
[quote='LTJG.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=67511#post67511']Does it allow in game chat? EDIT: Should've looked at link. Im gunna try this out.[/QUOTE] Supposedly it has not been tested with BFBC2, but they do have an overlay type of capability. I have not personally tried it, I run dual monitors and have it on the second. Plus I have steam overlay by default since I bought through steam, so I am worried about FUBARing the game lol

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
ah, yea i wish there was a TS overlay. I have dual monitors but i'm normally watching Seinfeld, or Always Sunny or something on the other one.

Archived