Pacific Partnership 2017

Guest Shabutti

Guest Shabutti

Good evening ladies and gentleman!

I just wanted to take a moment and fill you guys in on what I'll be doing for the next month :)

For the next 30-35 days or so, I will be in Malaysia as part of Pacific Partnership 2017. If you are unfamiliar with Pacific Partnership, it is the largest humanitarian and disaster-response mission in the Indo-Asia-Pacific theatre. As some of you may or may not know, I am stationed in Hawaii with the Navy Pacific Fleet Band as their vocalist, and will be heading out with our Rock Band and Bluegrass Band to perform music for the local people! This gives the local communities a chance to let loose and have some fun, all while we are helping build new hospitals and schools, and treating the sick and/or wounded that may not have access to good medical treatment. Some of these people may be hearing/seeing live music for the first time. It is a really cool experience that I will have the pleasure of doing for the first time!

The fact that I can serve my country doing what I studied for years and love, I have no words to describe it. The experiences I have and memories I make explain it all.

The reason I am telling you all this is that it would be cool if you took a minute and liked the Facebook page "Pacific Partnership". You'll have a chance to follow the mission, and see what it is we are doing! You'll also see pictures of me and the band!! :D There are already some pictures up of Japan's band (they are out there already).

Anyway, check it out if you'd like. I'll hopefully be popping on every now and then throughout the tour, depending on wifi capabilities. Take care everyone!

SN.Shabutti

Guest marpla

Like my old man use to said, everything comes back and good things they come multiply.

Nice work SN :thumbup:

Enviado desde mi D5833 mediante Tapatalk

Archived