1 Random - yet very major lag spike per match - BF1

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

Much like the subject line,

I purchased BF1, and I'm slowly attempting to get into it. I wasn't a fan much, still am not -yet-, but I am having crucial lag spikes (only 1 spike, per match) and I haven't had the darnest of clues ;/ Everything I've done has produced zero fixes. :/ || :(

Hi Tech Sarge!

Give it time, i wasn't too impress on the alpha/beta stage and know its grow up on me.

The spikes are from your internet or visually? maybe some graphics settings to reduce the effect?

Hi Tech Sarge!

Give it time, i wasn't too impress on the alpha/beta stage and know its grow up on me.

The spikes are from your internet or visually? maybe some graphics settings to reduce the effect?

It shouldn't be neither; my internet speed is stupid-fast lol, and even though my GPU is a year old, its still one of the top GPU's out there, I play everything on max. lol

"stupid-fast" :D :D :D

Well do you have Dx 12 activated? they said was broken not sure that could cause the spike tho but worth the shot. Also give it a try to reduce some settings and see what happens so you can narrow a little the problem.

Well do you have Dx 12 activated? they said was broken not sure that could cause the spike tho but worth the shot. Also give it a try to reduce some settings and see what happens so you can narrow a little the problem.

I do have DX12, i've ran it with lower settings and still results in some odd 1-large lag spike per match lol :(

I do have DX12, i've ran it with lower settings and still results in some odd 1-large lag spike per match lol :(

Well try to set it off. Also check this videos:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEc6rIBjZA

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQnJI15NRxc

Maybe this info will help you a little...let me know, i will try to find more info!

Guest ShotgunSelfy

I had an issue like this and I eventually found that it was Norton that was a big resource hog and would cripple my rig when gaming and it would periodically activate.

I would check your ping the next time it happens. If you get the lag spike and your ping is the same then you have narrowed it down to your rig. Have the resource monitor running in the background and look for the changes in performance when the lag spike happens.

More than likely its either your internet or one of your background applications.

Guest Brezzels

Having the same issue with eu and na servers , but it helped to prioritise the game in taskmanager. It helped a little and also i disabled the origin in-game overlay ,profile.dat deleting, frame cap, all settings on lowest. A lot of people have those issues and it really is hard to say if its hardware related so i tried more fixes. None of it really worked but since the AMD Relive,it got better maybe because there's no shortcut for screen capturing as well as a highlight saver. Also a new patch is gonna be rolled-out next week.

Specs

Intel i5-4690k

R9 290X

16gb RAM

Installed on seperate ssd

Bandwitch 100Mb/s

Yeah, it's very odd how smooth my game plays, then it just as a violent case of a Lag Spike, then back to smooth game play lol, only once per match and it's totally mind-boggling lol

Archived