CCNA- Routing and Switching

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

As I prepare myself for my CCNA - R&S course at college, what is your take on the most valuable CCNA Certificate after R&S. For RL employment.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

All routing and switching is wizardry to me lol... good luck with the course, much respect!

Anyway, this discussion is a couple years old so could be some cert references are stale.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/62093

But raises some good points about how to approach any certification process with RL employment in mind.

... I'll stick with my MS products and open requests to the networking team when I need to punch holes in their firewall :) .... and then hope the MS product works as it should.

Guest PFC.Hawkeye366=US=

You should get it .

It has helped me secure my last two jobs even though i do very little configuring of routers and switches recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the insight gent's. Cyber Security is definitely my end game goal in life :)

I'm hoping that New Horizons will be accepting GI Bill recipients again soon (my location is the only one that doesn't, as it doesn't currently adhere to the most recent requirements from the VA) NHLC, offers a 8 month program that would give me CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA Router and Switches, CCNA Security and MCSA Windows Server certifications ----Roughly $11.5k

Archived