Got my Medical Results

Guest Karval

Guest Karval

Hello,

I just got my Medical Board Results today after 7 months of waiting.

I got a 70% DoD and 90% VA with Permanent Retirement from the Marine Corps. Effective date unknown. I am excited and so happy with the results although I wish I had that 100% with VA.

So, this means, I am getting out soon and I am going to finally start school like I wanted.

For those who don't know:

For DoD. 0-20 = seperation from military, Severance pay. Nothing much more. . 30% + = full benefits of a retiree + free medical care for the rest of my life + my family.

For VA, 0-30% means almost nothing. 30%- 100% means nontaxed money for the rest of my life every month for my disabilities. The higher the rating, the more money I get.

Yay

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=

Nice!

Time to start another chapter in your life.

It's good to hear a positive story about veterans being taken care of properly who have put their lives on the line. I know some haven't been so fortunate...

Thank you for your service to this country!

So is this scale basically judging your service as a marine? or is it like the likelyhood that military service caused a disability as opposed to incopetence or something?

Guest Karval
This scale rates how my service connected medical issue(s) affect me and my ability to work. If I was rated 100%, I would not be able to work at all.

Guest Hornet117
90% though hu? Doesn't sound like a good time. We truly appreciate your service LCpl. Best of luck wherever you decide to go from here.

Guest DeKarbon
Congrats on owning the system like that. I've got a buddy who they still don't have a clue what's wrong with him, but they're medboarding him, then he's going to have to have civilian doctors look at him to find out.

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=
Ok we have 110% full time job in are community available. No need physical demand just only requirement is 24/7 love this clan. Available for the next evolution.

• 2 weeks later...
My new EAS and retirement date is Jan 30th. I leave to go home November 3rd. I am not planning on having much time to be online for a long time. This might be my last log in for a while on my computer. If I do log in, its on my phone.

Archived