Website Warning when logging on

Guest RTL

Hello Folks,

Several people this morning got a message of phishing as they loaded onto the forums. This is not meaning we have been hacked or something malicious the way its been explained to me before simply states that when people load into a website certain ways (ie: we typically load in through a redirect) it can occasionally get flagged if it is not recognized as legitimate or secure by google. This leads to a flagging warning customers and users that the website may or may not be legitimate. Please press the continue to page tab acknowledging that the website is legit and leave feedback for them saying that this is a legitimate clan website so they will have something back from the users saying that the website is for normal day to day use. Again this is the way I understand and it has been explained to me in websites in the past where we have received messages like this so by all means engineering please correct me if I am wrong but I wanted to get a post up for our members ASAP.

Kind regards and thanks!!

RTL

For more detail please see these definitions for those that are curious what these warnings mean. Please note the ( page you visit has been reported as a Deceptive Site ) which mean that anyone can just report a site as well leading to these message warnings.

Home

Firefox

Protect your privacy

How does built-in Phishing and Malware ...

Firefox

Editing Tools

Explore more topics

Basic browsing

Install and update

Sync and save

Chat and share

Do more with apps

Protect your privacy

Manage preferences and add-ons

Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Was this article helpful?

How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?

Firefox contains built-in Phishing and Malware Protection to help keep you safe online. These features will warn you when a page you visit has been reported as a Deceptive Site (sometimes called “phishing” pages), as a source of Unwanted Software or as an Attack Site designed to harm your computer (otherwise known as malware). This feature also warns you if you download files that are detected as malware.

Table of Contents

What are Deceptive/Phishing, Attack Sites, Unwanted Software and Malware?

Deceptive Site (also known as “Phishing”)

Attack Sites

Malware

Unwanted Software

How does Phishing and Malware Protection work in Firefox?

How do I use the Phishing and Malware Protection features?

What happens when a page or file is blocked?

What information is sent to Mozilla or its partners when Phishing and Malware Protection are enabled?

I’ve confirmed that my site is safe, how do I get it removed from the lists?

What are Deceptive/Phishing, Attack Sites, Unwanted Software and Malware?

Deceptive Site (also known as “Phishing”)

This is a form of identity theft that occurs when a malicious website impersonates a legitimate one in order to trick you into giving up sensitive information such as passwords, account details, or credit card numbers. Phishing attacks usually come from email messages that attempt to lure the recipient into updating their personal information on fake but very real-looking websites. More information on phishing can be found at the Anti-Phishing Working Group, and there are a number of examples and resources available at the Wikipedia Phishing page.

Attack Sites

Attack Sites are websites that try to infect your computer with malware when you visit. These attacks can be very difficult to detect; even a site that looks safe may be secretly trying to attack you. Sometimes even the website’s owner doesn’t realize that the site has become an Attack Site.

Malware

Malware is software designed to infect your computer without your knowledge. Malware is most often used to steal personal information, send junk email (spam), or spread more malware.

You can learn more about malware and Attack Sites from StopBadware, a non-profit organization that works with partners like Mozilla to protect users from malware and other dangerous software.

Unwanted Software

Unwanted Software sites are websites that try to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit). You can learn more about such software on the Google Unwanted Software Policy.

Archived