Drive Safe

Guest RhinoTech

Guest RhinoTech

Hey all. I'm flying out on Tuesday. Last night, after work I headed to a local star wars themed bar. It was raining earlier in the day, so the roads were wet but I had my window down to listen to traffic (defensive driving tactic). I then heard a crunch, sounded about 4 cars behind me. I look into my drivers side mirror and see something like a dufflebag skidding across the road. At least that's what I had thought at first. Until I saw a car hit the motorcyclist skidding down the middle lane where most people are going about 70mph.

I did notice he was wearing full protective gear, nice looking helmet. In the literally 3 seconds that this went down, in the final moments of my looking at the mirror he was not moving. He did not survive. This is the link I found while trying to get more information on the aftermath, hoping he had survived. https://jacobyandmeyers.com/campbell-motorcyclist-killed-in-multi-vehicle-crash-on-highway-17/

No matter what you drive, motorcycle, car, truck, etc, please drive as safe as you can. All it took for his life to end, and his family to realize tragedy was completed in only seconds. Really makes me rethink wanting to ride motorcycles.

Guest CanisSapien
I must say, the biggest threat to you while driving is your phone. Don't use it AT ALL when driving!!! I have ridden motorcycles all my life, and the biggest thing that gets me mad is seeing drivers chatting away and not having a clue about what is going on around them.

Archived