Info

Guest Hardcore

Guest Hardcore
Okay ive looked into what i can get and whats within my budget....Heres a couple im looking at and if you could please give me some input to your suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.... 1) Intel Core i7 920 2.66 , 8MB Cache 2) Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S Vid cards 1) Single 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 2) Single Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1GB GDDR5 4.8GHZ Also going to go with ASUS P6T SE X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 LGA1366 3PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFire SATA2 Motherboard with Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1333C9 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-24 Core i7 Memory Kit Also is 750w power supply enough or should i get the 1000w? And yes its going to be a gaming rig again.......FINALLY!!!!!

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
Intel Core i7 960 and the 5870 are perfect. What is your monitor resolution? That is also very important. a 750w power supply is good enough to run 2x 5870.

Guest Adante
[quote='2LT.Namngulfvet=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=62443#post62443']1 TB of memory.[/QUOTE] Isn't 1MB Memory a bit much? :O Anyway, the 5870 is way better then the 5770. The 5850 is in between to those cards. Don't buy a 960. Not enough improvement for the money. I recommend buying 920 and spending some extra bucks on a better CPU cooler for overclocking and noise reduction.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
Really need to know what resolution you are planning to run your games on before you decide to buy any graphic card, a 5770 can run most games on maximum setting at 1600x1024. So spending extra money on a 5870 would be a waste since you can get the same performances with a 5770.

Guest Hardcore
thanks troopers I will most likely get the 920 and the 5770 as far as monitor its undecided so far , any suggestions?

Guest Krawll
[quote='MG.Darmine','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=62467#post62467']Samsung!!!![/QUOTE] I agree. I have the Samsung syncmaster t220. Very nice monitor. I would only upgrade for a larger one. I have a 22". It seems to me that 22" would be the norm.

Guest Cycle
ask the salesman how old your motherboard is, the new i7's (new architecture ones) need other BIOSses, make sur your one has it, cause you can only flash a new one in with an old architecture i7, So save yourself a lot of effort and ask it :p

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
1. You account for all the parts, at the store(make sure everything is there) 2. Ground yourself before you open anything(touch metal) 3. While opening the boxes make sure there is no visible damage and nothing is DOA 4. Read the manuals first, make sure everything is compatible 5. Start putting it together 6. Test again making sure nothing is DOA Also you might want to make sure of your vendor's returns policy especially with your CPU, And make sure everything fits in your case(graphics card especially) since parts are getting bigger and bigger these days. An ATX case should have no problems.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
[quote='PFC.ThievingSix=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=62501#post62501'] 1. You account for all the parts, at the store(make sure everything is there) 2. Ground yourself before you open anything(touch metal) 3. While opening the boxes make sure there is no visible damage and nothing is DOA 4. Read the manuals first, make sure everything is compatible 5. Start putting it together 6. Test again making sure nothing is DOA [/QUOTE] Number 4 should be Number 1, you gotta make sure all your parts are compatible with each other before you decide to buy anything.

Guest Krawll
[quote='PO2.Yong=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=62505#post62505']Number 4 should be Number 1, you gotta make sure all your parts are compatible with each other before you decide to buy anything.[/QUOTE] lol you can read the manual before you get the order the part. Well, you might be able to get it somewhere online but you wouldn't want to. All that information should be on the specs page of what ever hardware you are buying. Yong is right. Gotta make sure they are compatible.

Guest Hardcore
its okay guys i have built alot of pcs in the past , just been out of the pc loop for a year so i am not familiar with the components. BTW my pc finally died so im posting via my ps3.

Guest Hardcore
Sure is ......lol also meant too say i am getting afresh new rig and my budget is between 1500 and 2000.My ps3 name is H4rd_core_bc

Guest Adante
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=62510#post62510']Zalman CPU cooler.[/QUOTE] Now which Zalman cooler would that be? The Zalman CPU coolers aren't so great. The Scythe Mugen 2 is great. Cooler Master also makes some great CPU coolers (I got a passive Z600 myself)

Archived