The Division graphics downgrade

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Recently saw this video:

Man, that was a substantial downgrade.

I'm worried this game is just going to be lowered in quality so substantially to properly run on consoles that its just going to be a shadow of what I'd hoped it was going to be.

Any opinions?

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Interesting watch sir. I really hope they aren't lowering the quality of this game just because consoles can't keep up. If so, what an injustice that would be for those of us who have spent thousands of hard-earned money to bring to life what the designers originally intended the games to look and play like.

I would like you to keep tabs on this, if you can and keep us up-to-date (if you would please, sir). When is this game set to release?

Guest Crowley
A downgrade in graphics is always alarming,but is not always a bad thing sir. The Division might be the most recent case but it is not the most famous one by a long shot. Watch_Dogs and Witcher 3 have both been downgraded but somehow Watch_Dogs was the one to be slammed by the critics for that and Witcher was just a story that not many people voiced opinion over. My point is - if the base game is deep and full of meaningful content then even with graphics being downgraded or not up to par the game can still be considered a success. Hopefully the division will have enough to make it a viable game rather than being another gorgeous looking game with nothing else to propel it further.

A downgrade in graphics is always alarming,but is not always a bad thing sir. The Division might be the most recent case but it is not the most famous one by a long shot. Watch_Dogs and Witcher 3 have both been downgraded but somehow Watch_Dogs was the one to be slammed by the critics for that and Witcher was just a story that not many people voiced opinion over. My point is - if the base game is deep and full of meaningful content then even with graphics being downgraded or not up to par the game can still be considered a success. Hopefully the division will have enough to make it a viable game rather than being another gorgeous looking game with nothing else to propel it further.

Agreed SN, graphics downgrades have become expected. The final product almost always is downgraded from the E3 trailers and gameplay demos. I'm a big ambiance and immersion gamer so I hate when this happens to facilitate consoles. Hopefully the core game will be good but ubisoft has a patchy track record.

Guest Crowley
Have you heard about the game called "The Long Dark", Sir? This has to be the most immersive game I have ever played. Truly worth the price and is one of the very few games on Early Access that I would wholeheartedly support.

Have you heard about the game called "The Long Dark", Sir? This has to be the most immersive game I have ever played. Truly worth the price and is one of the very few games on Early Access that I would wholeheartedly support.

I have SN. I've htought about it a few times but I would bet money on the fact that this will be an anchor game for a humble bundle at some point, so I can't bring myself to pick it up just yet.

Archived