Monitor Refresh Rate?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Now that I have a fancy 980, I was wondering if my 60Hz monitor is acting as a bottleneck. I'm curious what the =US= members are using as far as refresh rate on their monitors.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Yes indeed it is. For that type of card 120hz-144hz is better eye candy. I'm sure you experience screen taring a lot which is my biggest annoyance.

Guest CI3arrage

I have the ROG Swift which is 144 HZ and Gsync, it's amazing but also really expensive. I run it with a 970 and in August i will be getting another for SLI. Your graphics card pumps out a whole load of frames you cannot see because you're bottle necked by your monitor. Time to upgrade and see what your card is really made of.

I never get to see what my monitor is like with 144 fps because i play everything on max settings in 1440p, which means the newest games are less than 60 fps but smooth as melted butter, even more so than my old 120Hz monitor at 120 fps which is coincidentally the same one the general has. One day i will see what my monitor really can do, it is probably the best upgrade i have done for my computer in terms of gaming performance. If you are going to upgrade then put some serious consideration into Gsync, it is a game changer.

Archived