NVIDIA Shield/Tablet

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

With my new build on the way, one thing I was planning on was getting the NVIDIA Shield so I can game abroad.

I spoke with Maj.ShadowOp about that and I verified it does work over the internet and not just local wifi.

I have an iPad which I am very happy with in terms of a tablet, this device will be primarily for remote gaming.

A few years back I got beta access to OnLive which was fantastic and got me interested in "remote gaming". This I feel like is the next iteration of that.

Honestly I think one day you will be able to "rent" a gaming rig somewhere in a server farm so you can game with ultra graphics on any computer with a faster internet connection.

Has anyone heard anything about these devices? Good, bad, waste of time? I haven't read or seen much about these.

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
Are you getting the Tablet or the Portable handheld version sir? I have been looking into this and the two ways you can experience this do have some game changing differences

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

I think Tablet. Because it has outputs to HDMI and you can plug it into a TV and game with multiple people.

Although I would love for a 2.0 version to come out, at least with 802.11ac. Ever since I upgraded my router to that, it's a lot more noticeable even if I'm on 802.11n.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Let me know because I have been fighting with this hardware (Whether I should buy it or not.) I would like to do the same thing.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

This has been the best and most thurough review I've seen.

That being said, I'd still like to wait for a 2nd gen device.

Archived