BF4 Has Stopped Working

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

I'm getting an issue where every time I try to join a server, BF4 stops working and I get the Windows error message. I've tried troubleshooting it a lot of different ways and have had no luck so far.

I've already tried:

• Repairing the game
  • Completely reinstalling the game
  • Reinstalling DirectX
  • Reinstalling my graphics card drivers

Nothing's worked so far. However, strangely enough the 32 bit version of the game works (but is locked to 30 FPS, which is essentially unplayable). The 64 bit version crashes on startup and gives that Windows error message that it's stopped working.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot it?

Never mind. On a hunch I uninstalled the Rivatuner server and MSI Afterburner and reinstalled just MSI Afterburner. Turns out the Rivatuner server was causing BF4 to crash on startup. I had kept the box checked to install that the last time Afterburner updated because I figured why not. Turns out that was the issue.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
I've had the same problem with the eVGA PrecisionX software. For quite a while I couldn't have that running when I launched BF4 or same issue you're seeing. Sounds like the game is calling drivers in a conflicting way as the monitoring software. Running 32-bit almost certainly calls different drivers, so the conflict doesn't exist.

Yeah, it seems anything with an overlay that reads GPU information causes the issue then. Must be something to do with how it accesses the information.

Archived