Web Browser Preference

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Just wondering what people use and why? Firefox, Internet Explorer (which version), Chrome, Opera, Safari. I use chrome and I've been using it since version 1.0 and I've been using the Dev Channel since then and am now sitting on top of version 5.0.317.2. Each new version (which come out very quickly) is better and better, bookmarks sync, extensions, and oh yea its CRAZY fast. Maybe one of the admins could pull the statistics for the site to which which is the most popular US browser.

Guest RET.SSG.Spartan0189=US=
Firefox over here, I do have Chrome installed when a site fails at something, but otherwise, if I launch Internet Explorer, it will lock up and like, go nuts :|

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
[quote='PO1.FireFuse=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=59958#post59958']FireFox, I love FireFox. It's simple, yet faster then IE in my opinion and I didn't like Chrome when it came out.[/QUOTE] Chrome has evolved VERY quickly. And most of the big extensions for firefox have been made for Chrome. Ad-Block, Ad-Sweep, ForecastFox, IE Tab, Greasemonkey(actually natively built into Chrome). And in speed tests across the board Chrome wins. Plus the auto-updater runs in the background, it keeps u up to date without you even realizing it. Chrome even came out with themes before Firefox did.

Seeing how people use crome I am actually going to download it and try it today. Since i already have the Google toolbar lol it shouldn't be that bad.

Guest LaserSights
I use Internet Explorer 8 because I don't get into all the specific colors and features. Just have a search bar, connect to the internet, popup blocker, favorites and all the properties and it's all good. I stopped getting different versions of software when I seen many doing the same thing for the same purpose. I been using Internet Explorer 13 years and it gets better every upgraded version released.

Ok. I just downloaded and installed Chrome. HUGE DIFFERANCE! It loads almost instantantly compared to IE. Only one page loaded slow and thats because i need to install a plug-in and after that it was instant. I will never go back to IE again. I had foxfire once but i hated it. Chrome is F*****G awesome..

Guest MrBlackPenguin
used to always use Firefox cause of all the addons and stuff made it really interesting and unique but it was just waaaaaaaaaay to slow so switched to chrome and haven't looked back lol i still keep Firefox just for those websites that wont let you go on using chrome like the windows websites and stuff

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Theres a plugin that lets you run IE in a window in chrome, i use chrome, its simply awesome and i don't think i've found anything faster or more efficient.

Guest FireFuse
After all these replies, I'll just go download Chrome. Then I can take a look, why you're all screaming about it :P *UPDATE*: Just downloaded Chrome but it's actually slower than FireFox for me, haha. Maybe I'll have to download an upgrade or use a plug-in but right now, FireFox wins for me.

I'm using Chrome, and I hate people who say Firefox is an amazing browser. It's not that fast, has no special or unique features. It uses too much resources, design is terrible. The plug-ins slow it down a lot! Etc etc. I usually get the feeling people are using Firefox just to be able to say: "I don't use IE!" Internet Explorer is just plain terrible. Chrome is fast (On my PC I don't notice a big difference, but on the slow PCs at school there's a huge difference with IE and even Firefox!) The design is pretty sweet. The extension systems works pretty well. Doesn't use a lot of resources, and when a plug-in crashes (Famous Flash bug anyone?!) Chrome is actually the only browser that doesn't crash itself, it just disables the Flash plug-in on that page. With ChromePlus it's even cooler! I've used Safari and I liked it, but it just misses some 'basic' options. Even let's say viewing advanced properties of sites and stuff like that. I didn't use it for a while so I don't know what changed with all the updates, but I like chrome. Never used Opera on my desktop. Only got the latest version running on my Windows Mobile phone. Does a pretty sweet job at it.

Archived