Myers-Briggs Type Test

Guest Hornet117

Guest Hornet117

At the suggestion of Sgt.StubbornOx I am going to go ahead and post a new thread with a poll as well. Using the links below, please take one of the tests, or several if you are interested in double checking. Let us know what type you are, I think it would be interesting to see which types constitute the majority in the clan.

There are 16 personality types and only 10 voting catrgories allowed, therefore I am using the pole to determine which of the four type groups you fall under. Please leave a reply to this post stating your exact type as-well, thanks! This will provide a quick statistic and a more in-depth version.

To better understand the personality type groups, click here:

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

To take the personality test itself, try these links:

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

P.S. The first two links are probably the best ones.

Guest StubbornOx1

ISTP!

EDIT:

ISTP: Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools.

Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :-)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.

Guest CanisSapien

ESTJ ... Variant: Assertive

ESTJs are the representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their innate understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together under a single ideal. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, ESTJs are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they are more than happy to lead the way on a difficult path. Taking pride in their ability to bring people together, ESTJs often take on the role of family and community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of a cherished local event, or in defense of the traditional values that they believe hold their families and communities together.

Sound like me??

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

INFJ

/*EDIT: Interesting... after seeing Shadow's post I went back and did it again. I'm still INFJ, variant: turbulent, still diplomat.

Guest RET.COL.SilverEupher=US=

ENTJ, Assertive variant, Analyst role

Extraverted <<16% Introverted

Intuitive <<19% Observant

Thinking <<12% Feeling

Judging <<41% Prospecting

Assertive <<27% Turbulent

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

PERSONALITY: INTJ

VARIANT: ASSERTIVE

ROLE: ANALYST

Interestingly though i took the test yesterday before going out to a social event and got ISTJ, yet after returning home i took the test and got INTJ. Perhaps the introverted type has an effect on the other dichotomies. I seem to be strongly introverted(83%), thinking(72%) and judging(75%), yet my second type varies between +- 20% sensing-intuitive depending on when i take the test.

Guest Hornet117
Which is a good thing actually. Generally having a balanced trait will help you get the best of both worlds. Captain ShadowOp's nice balance between introverted and extroverted traits probably comes in handy from time to time.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
PERSONALITY: INTJ

ROLE: ANALYST

Interestingly though i took the test yesterday before going out to a social event and got ISTJ, yet after returning home i took the test and got INTJ. Perhaps the introverted type has an effect on the other dichotomies. I seem to be strongly introverted(83%), thinking(72%) and judging(75%), yet my second type varies between +- 20% sensing-intuitive depending on when i take the test.

I know from reading around that it's quite common to fall into the INTJ or ISTJ gray area. There are supplementary tests out there to help you figure out which one you are. I'll have to dig it up. While they're similar enough to get confused by these tests, they are different enough that identification is quite interesting.

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

PERSONALITY: ESTJ

ROLE: SENTINEL

- MIND - Extraverted 29%

- ENERGY - Observant 26%

- NATURE - Thinking 44%

- TACTICS - Judging 21%

- IDENTITY - Assertive 19%

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Most results were INTJ (with 2%-6% introverted), one was ENTJ (with 13% extraverted).

So I guess I'm somewhere in between them, but from my experiences and the description of the INTJ probably closer to this one.

INTJ

I'm one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. I am known for my strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge.

That is what the test says :D and I'm happy with it !!

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
INFJ

/*EDIT: Interesting... after seeing Shadow's post I went back and did it again. I'm still INFJ, variant: turbulent, still diplomat.

Sir, I think my split mainly focuses around 3 questions regarding groups that gets asked in different ways on different exams.

If its a group of people I know I will happily be the center of attention with stories and charades and the whole bit. Whereas if there are people that I'm not comfortable with or crowds of strangers I'm very mild mannered. So social situations can energize me i specific contexts and drain me extremely in others. So depending on how these questions are presented the test may peg me as an extrovert or an introvert.

PERSONALITY: ENFP

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: DIPLOMAT

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=
INFJ- a sentinel. Fits pretty well although 20 or so years ago I believe I tested INTJ. I guess I'm feeling it more now.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

For those interested in the stats :D.

Here's the results, we had 17 participants that listed the 4 letters. Judging is the most common subtype with Introverted coming second. Perception is the least common. The most common variance was assertive(5) to turbulent(3). Analysts were the most common role. We are on par with the global distribution of most personalities however it is clear that we attract INTJ's, INFJ's and ENFJ's. These are also the least common personality types suggesting that the clan inherently attracts judging personalities(structured, planned). Possibly the test may correlate with long-term suitability for the clan or even leadership suitability, as all officers who took the test were of the judging subtype. Only one NCO was not of the judging type.

Interestingly by comparison to the past test on the whole, distribution of types have remained largely stable, although there was an almost 50% drop in the feeling subtype and a 70% drop in perceptive people. The clan has never seen an ENTJ, ENTP, INFP, ESFJ, ISFJ or ESFP. Between tests 3 subtypes disappeared INTP, ESTP and ISFJ. Whilst 2 additional subtypes were seen ESTJ and ISTP.

INTJ - 5 (29.4% of the clan, 2% of population)

INFJ - 4 (23.5% of the clan, <1% of population)

ISTJ - 2 (11.8% of the clan, 13% of population)

ESTJ - 2 (11.8% of the clan, 11% of population)

ENFJ - 2 (11.8% of the clan, 2% of population)

ISTP - 1 (6% of the clan, 5% of population)

ENFP - 1 (6% of the clan, 7% of population)

Subtype Distribution in the clan

I - 12 (70.58%) | E - 5 (29.41%)

N - 12 (70.58%) | S - 5 (29.41%)

T - 10 (58.82%) | F - 7 (41.18%)

J - 15 (88.24%) | P - 2 (11.76%)

http://i.imgur.com/RgTrS30.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/0iol63v.png

16 participants.

INTJ - 4 (25% of the clan, 2% of population)

INTP - 4 (25% of the clan, 3% of population)

ISTJ - 2 (12.5% of the clan, 13% of population)

ESTP - 2 (12.5% of the clan, 4% of population)

INFJ - 1 (6.25% of the clan, <1% of population)

ISFJ - 1 (6.25% of the clan, 13% of population)

ENFJ - 1 (6.25% of the clan, 2% of population)

ENFP - 1 (6.25% of the clan, 7% of population)

Subtype Distribution in the clan

I - 12 (75%) | E - 4 (25%)

N - 11 (68.8%) | S - 5 (31.3%)

T - 12 (75%) | F - 4 (25%)

J - 9 (56.3%) | P - 7 (43.8%)

Archived