lag spikes here and there

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

I'm having serious lag spikes in BF4, it started before I deployed, and its still happening, even after I re-installed the game and all the expansion packs... Its entirely unplayable. Does anyone know any fixes, if not... I don't know what I'll do cause well.. We know how Dice likes to operate. :(

Note: I have top of the line internet speed for my area, and all my computer components are up to date and flawless.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Try unparking your cores if you have 4 that is. Do a mem test and hard drive test, burn test. Run it in windows basic.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
OK next up is diag software. You can use RealTemp and Fraps for this, not sure the brand of cards but get a temp monitoring software for those as well. You need to see if your CPU(use prime95 for stress test) is getting hot/overloaded and see if your Vid card(s) are losing frame rates and getting hot or overloaded(find a free or cheap testing software for Vid Card stressing). If that doesn't show anything next is the router or modem, you need to do a stress test on these items. If you have a router do a speed test and see your results if they are lower then normal then unplug the router and go directly to the modem and run again. If you see better numbers using the modem you may need to reset your router and modem or update the firmware in the router. If nothing has changed on either one you may need the company to run a test on your line.

Archived