Time for Rememberance

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

This was brought up within JCS and I think it's a great idea.

This is a post, in honor of Memorial Day, to remember all those in our lives that made the ultimate sacrifice and those that paid a big price for our freedom here in the USA. This is for those both fallen and injured in the line of duty.

-My Father, a disabled veteran, who served 2 tours in Vietnam and from multiple Gunshot wounds and ran over a mine in a jeep.

-To a good friend of mine, SGT Wakelee (RET), who was injured in combat and medically retired/disabled.

This is a voluntary thread. You can give as much and as little information as you like.

Guest Ret.1stSgt.Bwa=US=
HHC 1stSgt Garcia, gave his life for his soldiers July 2009, Diwania Iraq. He lived and died upholding the standards of the Army Creed "I will never leave a fallen comrade"

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

My Uncle, Canadian Army Reserves.

I know Memorial Day is an American holiday, but i thank any individual who gives up their time, effort and life to the defense of their country and the continued effort to a stable, safe and free global community. So, here's to anyone who has served, is serving or will be serving in the military. My most sincere thanks.

Guest StubbornOx1

Great Grandfather (Both sides of the family) - WWII/Korea - U.S. Army.

Grandfather - Vietnam - U.S. Army

Great Uncle - Vietnam - U.S. Marine Corps

Multiple Cousins - Iraq/Afghanistan - U.S. Air Force/Marine Corps

I personally have not served in the military, but as you can probably tell I have had lived closely with a lot of people that have. All of them have suffered from permanent scars-whether it be physically or mentally-and that is something that a lot of people don't quite understand. I know that I could never grasp what they have been through, or what they will go through in the future. What I do know is that I am thankful for every man or woman from around the globe that has ever fought for the betterment of mankind. You have done more than a large majority of the population to make this world a better place.

There are no words to truly show how grateful I am of all of you, but I can do my best.

Again, I am truly thankful for all of your (your families) sacrifices. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and a fruitful life.

Guest Ret.1stSgt.Bwa=US=
COL Swank, Air Force Pilot. Died from cancer 2011 from exposure to chemicals during Vietnam.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
My Uncle, Canadian Army Reserves.

I know Memorial Day is an American holiday, but i thank any individual who gives up their time, effort and life to the defense of their country and the continued effort to a stable, safe and free global community. So, here's to anyone who has served, is serving or will be serving in the military. My most sincere thanks.

All are welcome. We all serve on the battlefield together.

Archived