G502 Proteus Core

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/8/5593420/logitechs-g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse-12000-dpi

It's DPI is out of control

But they have eliminated the acceleration of the laser...

Also anyone with G400, 500 and 500S this may be the mouse to wing yourself to. God knows it was hard for me to leave those mice! Roccat was the closest I could get to build and performance quality as these mice.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
G500 here, sir, and it's a hard sell to get me to try anything else. 12,000 though... I can just see myself flipping choppers by moving the mouse a millimeter to the side lol

Guest RET.2ndLt.Incog=US=

That is a good looking mouse, Sir. The tech behind it seems impressive.

I'm surprised at the price, $79.99 seems cheap.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
The only reason I gave up my G500 was because the right click was going out. I have used the Roccat Savu and Pure optical thus far I like both. This will be a interesting mouse to see reviewed on youtube.

Guest Jinxy
Had the sexy Corsair mouse, which was great for a laser, but eventually switched to the G400s. This excites me.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
My biggest issues with laser mice is Acceleration and Prediction. Some can tell the difference others cannot. I can tell a lot and it makes me nuts, that is why I use optical that stuff is not present in optical mice. Now that they are coming out with this I'm pretty interested.

Guest StealthF117
Unfortunately due to my wrist, I have to use a trackball mouse. Combining that and my horrid 3MB download speed I guess sums up why I get trampled on. Suddenly ghosts appear out of no where and kill me before I can even think of getting a shot off. That's the price I pay for living in the country.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
I dropped the cash to try this out. I will update my thoughts on Friday. Gotta give it a week to break in. lol

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Pre warning I am very paticular about my mice, the mouse must be something my hand can easily adapt to, must be truly ergo and light(I own a ROCCAT Kone Pure optical).

Pros

IF your used to the G500 with 120+ grams of weight, this mouse will feel right at home

Sensor is really good, very precise and can be calibrated to any surface.

Has the rubber grip on the side, so if you like to reset your mouse this makes it easy

Excellent for those who have palm or claw grip and large hands

You can save up to 3 profiles

Has weights that are more balanced and customizable to your play style(they are in the center of gravity for the mouse, easy to balance the weight)

Braided cord is the best I have seen thus far, was not stiff at all and was not catching on my desks edge

no acceleration and prediction, which is true it shows none of that when playing a game.

Cons

Heavy for a mouse, really don't need the weights

Makes for sweaty hands, and the mouse skids/feet get moister under them and it suction cups to my mouse pad(Hard mouse pad).

Seemed to be slightly larger then a G500 or G500s

Made my hand cramp up to the point I was not enjoying the game I was playing and had to stop

No color customization(my set up is red and black) blue really clashes with my system.

It forgot some mouse programming that i had changed the day before on two buttons(may be a software issue).

Summary

Over all for Claw and Palm grippers this mouse may be a good deal(I'm a hybrid grip/fingertip) If your hands are medium leaning to large, this mouse is going to work well.

Logitech does deliver with the quality of the mouse, this is a first one I have seen that has really good reviews and lives up to the hype. The sensor is top notch and the scroll wheel is no longer plastic. I also believe they got some ideas from ROCCAT.

If your looking to upgrade and you want a easily adjustable and very precise dpi laser(btw this is a optical mouse). If none of the cons affect you then buy away, mice are personal pref and everyone is different.

Note: I sent it back due to my OCD/color scheme issue and it making my palms sweaty, its also to big for me. My hands are medium leaning towards small.

• 1 month later...
Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
If anyone else has purchased this mouse feel free to update us with your thoughts.

Archived