reason for my absense and distance.

Guest B0nd

i hate to admit this, im going thru a depression period and a suicidal spiral. alot of things have been happening to me that, well just seem to overwhelm me. im sorry to everyone. i hope i can see you all soon....

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

The act of recognizing that something is wrong is a very important step and I know to seek professional help for your medical condition does not worsen. The passage of talk is important to you. If anything we can help you are available. Please seek professional help.

I want to see you back.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
This is serious and we as a family are concerned. Please before you do anything come find one of us to talk it out.

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
i hate to admit this, im going thru a depression period and a suicidal spiral. alot of things have been happening to me that, well just seem to overwhelm me. im sorry to everyone. i hope i can see you all soon....

Hey Airmen, I went through the same thing, and there is a hotline for this, we're all here for you because we are a family, regardless of rank. If you need to talk, I'll talk to you, throw the ranks away for a moment, and we can have a 1 on 1 and I'll just listen and be there for you bud.

Here's the hotline; 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Its the National Hotline

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

Hey Amn, i'm sorry to hear of your depression. I'm a 3rd year student in University with a double major in Psychology and i study this stuff all the time. I sucks when you're no longer on the outside looking in (studying) on it and when it actually affects someone you know. PM me about anything; if you need some one to talk to or just want some one to listen. I am here and the rest of the clan is here for you. However, I will strongly suggest seeking professional help especially if you have 5 or more of the following symptoms over a period of two weeks, most of the day:

- Depressed mood, such as feeling sad, empty or tearful

- Significantly diminished interest or feeling no pleasure in all — or almost all — activities

- Significant weight loss when not dieting, weight gain, or decrease or increase in appetite

- Insomnia or increased desire to sleep

- Either restlessness or slowed behavior that can be observed by others

- Fatigue or loss of energy

- Feelings of worthlessness, or excessive or inappropriate guilt

- Trouble making decisions, or trouble thinking or concentrating

- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide, or a suicide attempt

These are signs of Major Depressive Disorder characterized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). This is something you need to take very seriously. In addition, this depression can be the cause of other things like manic episodes or disorders, ADHD, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder (or cyclothymic disorder), and so on. Whatever it is that is causing this, you must figure it out. I just want to provide an explanation for you as to why it may be happening. I know i do not know your personal life and how things are going for you right now other than how you are feeling. This can be a very complicated and dangerous situation. You need someone who is professionally trained for situations like yours. I hope you get the help you need. We are all here to back you up at Unknown Soldiers! We are a community that cares about you!!!!

Guest cepwin
I have to agree with what has been said. Please seek professional help. If you don't know where to start the hotline Sgt.Warlord mentioned is a good place to start.

Guest BagoPrince
Bro use the hotline please. need to c u back on the battlefield and be strong we can overcome this low time in your life together.

Thank you everyone. it has been a hellish time for me... i cant even begin where or how to start my cause for depression and suicidal thoughts... i feel like there is a barrier and i feel like im just not good enough, to anyone. not even to myself. i feel like most of all i was succeeding in life and now i feel like im failing. i feel like im falling. and i know you all are here because we are all a family it just seems like im not good enough like i dont measure up as a good family member or friend.. i just dont know what to do.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Incog=US=
Thank you everyone. it has been a hellish time for me... i cant even begin where or how to start my cause for depression and suicidal thoughts... i feel like there is a barrier and i feel like im just not good enough, to anyone. not even to myself. i feel like most of all i was succeeding in life and now i feel like im failing. i feel like im falling. and i know you all are here because we are all a family it just seems like im not good enough like i dont measure up as a good family member or friend.. i just dont know what to do.

I can tell you that in this family, wanting to be here goes a long way and from this thread I can tell you want to be here.

As far as measuring up, just keep doing what you're doing--showing up. We are here to help one another and if there is anything

myself or another member can help with, ask and we will surely assist!

Thank you 1st Sargent. it does mean alot. i do want to be here. i do love this community and family.

Yes General Darmine Sir, I will contact that number tonight.

Guest I7arKFoX
There for ya bud, don't feel alone in this, talking to people usually helps. There is a great number of people that have felt or currently feel these same emotions as you, though most do not have the courage to say anything about it like you do. Hang in there!

Guest shocker727
Unfortunately I have not been on much to check the forums as of late, but I couldn't help but to respond to this. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you Amn. I can really relate to how you feel. Not many in the clan know this but I went through the same thing a few years ago and was even admitted to the hospital (voluntarily) for it. It got to the point where I was afraid that I was pushed far enough to where I actually might have done something, but my thought process was that I was going to make sure I did everything possible I could to make try and make myself feel better which is why I sought professional help. Before making any decision you should defiantly seek help first or even call that number that many people posted. Don't try and take it on alone. I know it gets tough sometimes but with proper support it will make it easier. Also, as I've said you can always talk to me either on ts or send me a pm if I'm not on. Support has made my battle easier and it's the least I can do to help someone else whose going through the same thing I did, but if possible you should really seek professional help too since that's what also helped me. My thought's and prayers go out to you Amn.

for the past week i have seen a few counselors and today i had a group meeting with three of them. im doing a little bit better and i am sorry for not being around. im going to try and be more active its just alot of things to better myself and not feel so off has been hamperin me about this. i am sorry for worrying everyone.

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
for the past week i have seen a few counselors and today i had a group meeting with three of them. im doing a little bit better and i am sorry for not being around. im going to try and be more active its just alot of things to better myself and not feel so off has been hamperin me about this. i am sorry for worrying everyone.

Don't apologize for making us worry, we only worry cause we care! Just remember, you are someone special and that you are definitely a "Diamond in the Rough" don't fret pal, if your at your bottom, they only way you can go is up :) Just stay positive! If you're religious, go to church and seek counseling there as well! :)

Archived