TS3 text to speech

Guest StealthF117

Guest StealthF117

Just curious if any one has tried the minimalist text to speech:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/47533-Minimalist-Text-to-Speech

When others change channels in other channels do you hear that change? I may have had my settings wrong but I found the text to speech talked entirely too much. I gave this a try and it seems to work well.

• 1 month later...
Guest I7arKFoX
There is no way to change it from saying what room/server someone changed or left to without downloading an addon. You can even read next to each option what the voice is going to say and all of them have the room there. "SPC Dark fox has left your channel and switched to army channel on Unknown soldiers" we want it to say "SPC Darkfox has left your channel" "SPC Darkfox has joined your channel" I have yet to take the time to find the correct addon/download it. In E-0 BCT training post there is a link for the addons and I think even on the teamspeak itself you can find a link for the voice addons. I will post which addon I downloaded when I have the time to figure this out.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

I've had some troubles using text to speech myself since switching from Win7 to Win8. It seems like the only voice available in my (German) Windows 8, is German.

The problem there is, that my teamspeak wants to translate english sentences into this German voice, which results in ridiculous incomprehensible messages that required me to turn it off...

About the change of what it says: I think there actually are options in the Text-to-speech-menu where you can define the voice's messages using placeholders like {{username}}. But I will verify that once I'm home from work.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
About the change of what it says: I think there actually are options in the Text-to-speech-menu where you can define the voice's messages using placeholders like {{username}}. But I will verify that once I'm home from work.

Correct. Go to where you installed Teamspeak, usually program files. c:\program files (x86)\teamspeak 3 client\sound\default_speech\settings.ini It's been awhile since I look at that, so let me know if that's no longer where they keep that file.

Make a backup of the file before you adjust anything. Don't make changes that impact whether you can hear rank, names, and notifications. HOW you hear those updates in TS is however you want it, as long as you know when you were poked, messaged, and everything else that helps with customs and courtesies.

Archived