BF4 Campaign.

Guest SpartanV

Guest SpartanV
So, i just got done with the campaign and honestly.. I think it was one of the best story modes i've ever played. Hell, i would play it again. Anyone else think it was pretty good or no?

Guest Hornet117

I hate to be the one to disagree with you so negatively, but dang I hated the story. It had some cool cinematic moments to be sure, but I hated all the characters, I don't feel like any of them were fleshed out, I wish there was more variance to the game-play. BF3 had the all out tank charge, had the jet mission (was boring but still different). I was so disinterested in the characters that by then end where you are taking the RIB to attack the enemy ship, i just wanted the game over so i could get my medal and get on to the multiplayer. One of my hugest problems was with how YOU the main character are completely silent while your squad mates bicker over who is in charge EVEN THOUGH you technically are squad leader, but then you are not apparently? I guess after playing games like Halo, Mass Effect, and Dragon age, i have really high standards concerning story telling and character development. Those games win in story, BF4 beats everything in Multiplayer.

Just my opinion anyways, sorry if i stepped on any toes. ;)

Guest SpartanV
No no LCpl, i do agree with you on the whole silent thing. It bothered me that the main guy never said a word. Didn't quite understand that part. But hey we all have our own opinions. :)

Guest CI3arrage
It is good that you liked it AB. I thought it was dire and it bored me to death. I was glad to have it over with and wished i played it in easy so i could just run through it quicker.

Guest CenturionOne

I guess I've experienced both sides AB. When I played it on the Xbox 360 the day of release I was absolutely in love with it. i played it on Hard to get all the achievements and I really enjoyed the story. For me it drew me in with its emotional aspect. Then came the time for me to play on PC simply because I wanted my M249. I played on easy because I just wanted nothing to do with the campaign. I think I spent half the cinematic sequences making fun of the characters and their nonsense. I agree with you LCpl that BF3 had more variety to the missions, but I think BF4 draws you into the characters through their emotional trauma. I mean I wanted a certain lady to die until she gives more of her background.

So basically I'm still up in the air and just rambled on :) Sorry guys!

Guest Hornet117

I don't feel that the characters are good characters at all, however this is more than likely due to my rather limited personality type when approaching the subject of emotions. If you pay any attention to the Myers-Briggs personality type theory which has been making its way around collages recently, I am one of the rarest personality types in the world. I am an INTJ and ill give you a brief summary of what an INTJ personality is.

would rather be friendless than jobless, observer, values solitude, perfectionist, detached, private, not much fun, hidden, skeptical, does not tend to like most people, socially uncomfortable, not physically affectionate, does not talk about feelings, hard to impress

There is a lot more too it, but that the part of my personality that is really affecting my perspective in this matter. I don't understand or empathize with any of these characters because ALL THEY EVER DO IS EMOTION! (sorry for the caps.) I guess its why Halo appeals to me...because i really identify with the Master Chief because of his professionalism and emotional detachment.

Im sure that nobody cares about my personality type, but i still enjoy talking about the science behind it, even if im talking to myself. :)

Guest StealthF117
There were some cool parts but then again there was also quite a bit lacking as many others have said. I would prefer that they would make the entire campaign playable with a friend or two online. Sort of like coop in BF3 but have the entire campaign that way. Sort of like resident evil 6, you can jump into another players campaign at any time to help them out.

Guest CenturionOne
That's funny LCpl because I have the same personality type. Except I don't always agree with it due to my sympathtic nature and how I behave in my relationship. However, that would apparently just mean I've developed my "feeling side". No matter, the point is I respect where you're coming from in regards to the campaign.

My opinion on this is that there should have been more characters introduced, more cut-scenes, and more missions/longer story. Other than that, it was pretty fun.

Guest PresDeeJus
While it wasn't awful, it could have been much better. There is a lot of emotion, but it doesn't mean anything if you dont know who the characters are. When your CO dies at the end of the first mission, its kinda like, meh, because you dont know who he is. It then becomes like reading a headline. "42 killed in bombing" doesn't mean as much to you as "Your best friend died in a bombing." There is emotion in the second sentence because there is a developed emotional connection to who the person is. It was the same with making the final choice at the end. By that time I was basing my decision off of what would be funniest. Which is never good.

Archived